Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rep system change back to the way it was before

Encap

I have reverted it to the way it was before based on poll.

OK finally--a ruling at long last. I think the long winded lengthly discussion along with the initial change was more painful to most members than the problems with the old system.

Goes to show the old saying---if you think your shoes are too tight try one size smaller--is very true!

Thanks muchly for LPF and your efforts to make it an excellent forum. It is amongst the best on the internet.

Last edited:

Pman

Thank you sir! Now back to our regularly scheduled program:)

I laughed my butt off watching that vid Alaskan:D

Last edited:

GSS

Thanks cOldshadow and all involved, like everyone said i'm glad its back to normal and we shall all be nice like RCB said. I do know I have a few members to thanks that went way beyond to help on top of everyones usual great posts:beer:

Goes to show the old saying---if you think your shoes are too tight try one size smaller--is very true!

XzE0V.gif

I don't get it. Are you sure that's good advice?

Encap

I don't get it. Are you sure that's good advice?

Was not meant as advice--just an observation/statement---seems to be true many times in different situations I have encountered.

The old, now current again, rep system (the shoes that seemed too tight to some people) was changed to much more restrctive parameters of use (one size smaller) and most were less happy about those parameters of use than prior--now most seem to appreciate in positive way having back what they had before, in place again.

Last edited:
Would help to have a sticky on the subject;

InfinitusEquitas said:
THE REP SYSTEM IS NOT MODERATED.

The Reputation system is not subject to content moderation.

Whether you received a positive rep, OR a negative rep, do not report it unless it is in direct violation to LaserPointerForums Terms of Service agreement.

Specifically, this means unless it is a threat, or involves vulgar language, the rep will not be changed.

The best way to deal with a negative rep is to contribute something positive to the community, to earn positive rep.

Last edited:
“Inscriptions here of various Names I view'd,
The greater part by hostile time subdu'd;
Yet wide was spread their fame in ages past,
And Poets once had promis'd they should last.”
― Alexander Pope