Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

redirect ad

This is only happening when browsing on my iphone, and only happens on LPF.
Any time i try to load a page, i get redirected to this Ad site.

here is the screenshot of it.

Attachments

sinner

Congratz moh.. :na:

On a serious note, I did get this ad once or twice though but not everytime..

and I've seen things, last few days in LPF from my iPad I never saw prior.

I have not seen my dreaded Disney popup all day, though. (fingers crossed)

You guys are all missing out!

Distillate said:
I just had the fun experience of hearing 4 audio ads play over each other in two ad windows on LPF. One window played a Wall Street Journal ad which believe it or not went on for well over 30 seconds about fermented herring from Sweeden.
Evidently:
Surströmming (pronounced [sʉ̌ːʂtrœmːɪŋ], Swedish "soured (Baltic) herring") is a northern Swedish dish consisting of fermented Baltic herring.
Then an ad for cofee.
The other ad banner played the same ads in reverse order at the same time.

I think I'm still trying to clear my head from all that! lol!
I win! I win! :na:
:crackup:

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Hi guys, sorry for any troubles with this. The ad networks I am using should not be causing popups, redirects, etc. I browse LPF a lot on my iPhone and never once saw a popup or redirect (my phone isn't jailbroken, no apps installed, etc, not sure if that would make a different). The best I can do in these situations is report it to the ad networks.

In the last few months I've only heard audio ads maybe 3 or 4 times at most.

Unless this was something that happens a lot (e.g. over 5% of all page loads for all LPF users [not just a few]), I can't just stop using ad networks that LPF relies on for revenue

Again, I really wish this was something easier for me to fix (if I ever ran my own ad network I would make sure dumb ads and redirects / etc never happened), but I can't control how other ad networks function. I can report ad-hoc issues but that often doesn't help. If removing an ad network I would need to increase donation goal by like $200/month.

Thanks for the understanding

jcranmer

Something is kinda off with the ad network here lately. I haven't had anymore of the pop-up ads since the other day, but I've gotten a couple of the talking ads in the past couple of days. It's easy enough to just mute the volume, but I usually have music playing while I surf LPF.

The talking ad I'm getting tonight is for Car Max. The ad links to the following url: []http://www.carmax.com/?adcode=OVYYUMPRVT0101HIM[]