Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Red and green laser dots compared

Here I took some pics of a 50mW greenie and 200mW reddy together projected on buildings. On the bottom photo it is clear that the dots are rather large about half a meter diameter which means a beam divergence of 0.001 radian. Sometimes the red is smaller because it has an adjustment lens.
The 50mW greenie is considerably brighter despite it is only 1/4th of the output power.

From 30 meters distance (wideangle lens)
redgreen-30m.jpg

From 500 meters distance (telephoto lens)
redgreen-500m.jpg

Very nice pictures, I've never seen anything similar around here! How did you determine the distances? For a green, 1mrad is a very good divergence. The sensitivity ratio of the human eye for red (660nm) : green (532nm) is about 1:16 so it's no surprise the green still looks brighter to you.

I guess most people here would also be interested to know which lasers these are (pictures maybe?).

Switch

The sensitivity ratio of the human eye for red (660nm) : green (532nm) is about 1:16 so it's no surprise the green still looks brighter to you.

That depends on the power of each laser.

The greenie looks like a newwish model and I'm just gonna guess the red is a dilda. :undecided:

Benm

These dot-at-a-distace pictures are nice... i should try making some (i.e. have a friend drive to the target and take the pics up close).