Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Recently got a couple Krytons [insert confusion]

Alright, now I'm not new to builds, but this is baffling me. I realize the case is what you make it depending on the contact on the spring (making it case negative since it's an LPC815 build) but how to I make positive contact with the driver? this is what's really confusing me :/

I also got a red HeNe with PSU, and the PSU has 3 other wires not connected to anything, and I'm assuming that's the reason it won't lase, I don't know what to do with any of what I got :/ Any help would be greatly appreciated!:thanks:

daguin

Alright, now I'm not new to builds, but this is baffling me. I realize the case is what you make it depending on the contact on the spring (making it case negative since it's an LPC815 build) but how to I make positive contact with the driver? this is what's really confusing me :/

I also got a red HeNe with PSU, and the PSU has 3 other wires not connected to anything, and I'm assuming that's the reason it won't lase, I don't know what to do with any of what I got :/ Any help would be greatly appreciated!:thanks:

Here is an example of how the Kryton head is assembled.
This example uses wire to connect the driver to the diode, but you can connect the driver directly to the diode as well
krytondriver.jpg

The HeNe PSU requires mains power. It is NOT a battery ;)
Remind me what colors the three wires on the HeNe PSU are.
I must have thought they were pretty intuitive/standard if I didn't send instructions

Peace,
dave

Last edited:
Well, it's a good thing I have a green pointer that only puts out like 0.1mw, I'll harvest it's spring for this (unless the two aixiz springs you supplied were meant for this purpose?) also, what is that black thing in netween the spring and the driver? Is that heatshrink or a 1N4401?

I figured, but I didn't know how to do that :p it has a yellow, a white, and a green with a tiny stripe of yellow that swirls around it.

Last edited:

daguin

Well, it's a good thing I have a green pointer that only puts out like 0.1mw, I'll harvest it's spring for this (unless the two aixiz springs you supplied were meant for this purpose?

I figured, but I didn't know how to do that :p it has a yellow, a white, and a green with a tiny stripe of yellow that swirls around it.

The AixiZ springs are for the lenses

You can use stiff wire with a small spring or a longer spring to make the battery contact for the Kryton

The HeNe PSU requires mains power.
You will have to connect a cord to it.
Yellow = hot
White = neutral
Green = ground

Peace,
dave

The AixiZ springs are for the lenses

You can use stiff wire with a small spring or a longer spring to make the battery contact for the Kryton

The HeNe PSU requires mains power.
You will have to connect a cord to it.
Yellow = hot
White = neutral
Green = ground

Peace,
dave

That's what I originally thought, thanks =]

I'll find something, thank you =]

Alright, this is more work that I thought it'd be. So just any cord that attaches to the socket, strip it, solder the leads onto that, plug her in and go nuts?

Last edited:

daguin

That's what I originally thought, thanks =]

I'll find something, thank you =]

Alright, this is more work that I thought it'd be. So just any cord that attaches to the socket, strip it, solder the leads onto that, plug her in and go nuts?

Yep

With your diode/driver/battery configuration, you will NOT need the resistor between the driver and the battery. The picture is just to give you an idea how it goes together

Peace,
dave

Yep

With your diode/driver/battery configuration, you will NOT need the resistor between the driver and the battery. The picture is just to give you an idea how it goes together

Peace,
dave

Thanks! And I am going to have to get a new diode, this one's blown :/ I shoulda went with your deal on that S06J :/