Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

received the new scanner system today

received my new scanner system today.

saw it had a USB plug on the back...
now i'm curious if it will run show software off USB AND ILDA...
does anyone have a scanner that runs on USB?

I built a scanner that runs off USB, but it has a DAC built into it instead of external. I'd imagine that might be the case with yours as well.

would make my life easier.. :) I know it has dmx / ILDA / and a USB connection..
Ill have to take pics...

I just uploaded a video to youtube ill post as soon as it gets there of the scanners in action on a white wall.

nice test paterns, what type of scanner is it ? I know it's possible to use the USB I'm in the process of building that type of setup myself with a DAC and an external usb sound card, thanks for the pic's...
Peace All Pyro... :eg:

received my new scanner system today.

saw it had a USB plug on the back...
now i'm curious if it will run show software off USB AND ILDA...
does anyone have a scanner that runs on USB?

Unfortunately I can't view youtube videos at work, but I'll check it out when i get home.. Is there any software that came with the scanner? Sometimes certain manufacturers will include a cheap DAC\software combo with their scanners. Usually the quality is crap, though.

no.... unfortunately it didn't, If I had the loot to drop on pangolin I would in a heartbeat..
so I'm digging around the net for demo software to see if it works, and or reasonably prioced software so I can tink with it at least.

the scanner is a 20k glavo machine made from a guy in china who builds lasers... so I really don't know the guts until I open it, but it's housing a 300mw beam.

apparently the usb is not connected to anything...

hmph...

oh well, time to get some software