Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Received my Nova X-105

Well first off, Nova has awesome service, and really does care about their customers. I placed my order Sunday night, and it was shipped Monday(TNT Shipping). Then at noon today, it arrived! In fact, I had requested the tracking number, and by the time I got a tracking number it was already at my door.

I opened it up, read through the papers, and found that it is rated at 118.2mw Average, 127.3mw Peak. Awesome! So I popped some batteries in and found some matches and balloons. This thing lit the match instantly from about a foot away and popped a red balloon instantly about 18 inches away without any use of a sharpie for the match or balloon. Thats something that the WL fusion I had could not do.

Along with the laser I also had ordered 2 diffraction gratings and the lens assembly, and of course some glasses. Not sure what I can say about them yet, because I haven't seen this laser at night yet!

I'll be sure to get some pictures and maybe some videos posted if I can find the camera!

-Sean

LarryQ

2 Cool!!!

Nice specs...118 average is really nice...you've got me beat!!! :p

LarryQ

Gazoo

As usual Nova comes through.. :) I will be looking forward to the pics.

I'm currently using duracells, but I did buy some E2 lithiums. I tried them last night, but didn't see a visual difference.

Things

yeah you won't see a visual difference, but power should be abit higher! Nova does it once again! Have fun with your laser! ;)

Gazoo

things said:
yeah you won't see a visual difference, but power should be abit higher! Nova does it once again! Have fun with your laser! ;)

The power is the same no matter which battery chemistry is used in the X105. I measured the power of mine with alkaline, lithium, and rechargeable batteries and there was no difference. ;)

I posted graphs in this thread:

http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1192227112/0