Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Reason why this forum is the best

OK.

This forum is the best one EVER.

Why is this?

Not because the layout is cool, or because it's about LASERS.

It's because it has the BEST members a forum could ever have.

In all my "forum" life, I've never EVER seen this amount of cool and helpful people (you only get one (if any) in some other forums).

This thread kinda goes to rckstr.
Not only he offered himself to re-ship a product from the US to me, but also he kindly paid for the product with his credit card because I couldn't purchase it (as I was not an US/Canada resident). He also waited a full week before I could repay him (if you haven't noticed, I've not been around a lot...I'm really, really full of exams and I don't even have time to sleep) and he didn't say a thing or rush me or anything.

I just wanted to share this with you,

THANK YOU, rckstr!

This forum is the best. Not only does it give me a good laugh every once in a while, but I learn stuff about LASERS (not boring stuff) every day.

If any of you go on Gamefaqs... Here's a typical topic on the SSBB board:
*serious question*
"summon more ziggurats"
"lolwut"
"EARTH"
"you must recover"
"FALCON PUNCH"
"THIS IS MADNESS"
"Madness?"
"THIS IS SPARTA"
... you get the idea...

LRMNmeyer said:
If any of you go on Gamefaqs... Here's a typical topic on the SSBB board:
*serious question*
"summon more ziggurats"
"lolwut"
"EARTH"
"you must recover"
"FALCON PUNCH"
"THIS IS MADNESS"
"Madness?"
"THIS IS SPARTA"
... you get the idea...
DO A BARREL ROLL

Hey!

You will NOT spam this thread with lolwuts and lolcats.

(And NO, I am NOT asking you to spam it harder now).

yeah I agree, this forum is the best. most of my other forums are just full of British people ;D
this forum you can talk with other users and they react like people!

any forum that is "old" or "popular" is entirely full of people whose life goal is to act cool on the forum by any means necessary. often someone does something funny, it gets copied a few times, then there are threads about the threads copying each other....
you get where it goes...
this forum is productive on the other hand

Niko said:
You will NOT spam this thread with lolwuts and lolcats.

I laughed at this.

300px-LOL_WUT_IRL.jpg

rkcstr

Niko said:
THANK YOU, rckstr!

Hey, I wouldn't just do that for anybody... don't forget to include yourself as part of what makes this forum great! ;)

Here are my three theories on why this forum is better than others. (These are serious opinions, I reckon these forums are much better than others too).

Firstly, the fact that you need stuff on these forums. You can't just be some random internet arguing troll and get along here. You need lasers. Lasers cost money. Only people dedicated to lasers will buy them. And dedicated people love their lasers, so are happy to talk about them in a reasonable fashion.

And related to that, normally on forums it's just purely about knowledge and stuff when people are arguing about something. Knowledge on lasers, however, comes from buying them. The more dedicated you are to lasers, the more you buy and the more you know, the more you experience the hobby. Now someone with heaps of lasers will tend to be older and more mature, because they have the money to buy them. And this means that most disputes tend to be reasonable discussions and not flaming wars. Anyone with little experience will soon get put in their place if they try and dispute something due to the overwhelming experience of the dedicated users.

That least on to theory three. Normally with internet stuff it's opinionated. If you're arguing about pirates or ninjas it's mainly about your opinion on to which is better, there isn't really any right answer. But with lasers, there is a right answer, because lasers are physical objects. (Pirates and Ninjas are physical objects, but until we get some to fight then we won't get an answer). This means with lasers that if you're wondering 'what is the best ma for a PHR-803T' then you can't argue it all that much. There is a graph that shows the outputs and voltages and that's it. And if you want to argue it you need evidence, ie; your own tests.

In that way these forums are a lot like science. If you are going to make a claim about something you have to do some testing and back it up before people will believe you. Because lasers are 'real', not like most of the stuff discussed on internet forums you can actually conduct scientific analysis on them and get these definitive results. So ultimately, the science behind lasers and the studies people have done cut down on subjective opinions by people, thus reducing the chance for arguments over things, since many arguments come from peoples opinions.

And the third theory is daguin, rkcstr, drlava, jayrob and all the other dedicated laserists :cool:

Screw the theory stuff. People are nice here. It's sort of like the school I'm at, selective high, 100% geeky, no bullies at all.

Another reason is the forums idiot - he is smarter than his name suggests

Ace82

This forum is the best because there are many active members who are dedicated to their hobby, and, dedicated to sharing/obtaining knowledge about our hobby here.   And because there are so many active members with similar interests, allot of great discussion even off topic exists.  Overall, I say this forum is the best for 3 reasons:

1. c0ld keeps this place great
2. 99.9% of the members here are great
3. lasers are great

It's a place where we can all escape "reality", or obligation of the world and squeeze in time when we can to share our interests and pleasures with those in the same boat.  Plus it's very entertaining.

this forums is great because its about lasers and the truth about them

also the people great. and usually more mature than most other forum people.

also its pretty active during the day so i get to be here while i am at "work" and i get paid to talk laser :)

Switch

Yea , this is definetly the forum I've been longer and most active on, also the most posts by far ;D . And I'm surprised it runs so well with only one admin, others wouldn't be able to achieve this.I mean, LC would become an antiWL forum with only one busy admin :D (for example, let's not turn this into a WL/LC thread)

Switch said:
Yea , this is definetly the forum I've been longer and most active on, also the most posts by far  ;D . And I'm surprised it runs so well with only one admin, others wouldn't be able to achieve this.I mean, LC would become an antiWL forum with only one busy admin :D (for example, let's not turn this into a WL/LC thread)

WL/LC sucks. ;)

Seriously though, I agree that this is one of the best forums I've ever been on, and one reason this is such a good forum is that almost all members here are calm and collected and won't spam and creating pointless threads and such.