Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ready to embrace the addiction!

Hello Laserpointerforums.com,

This is a new world for me, after doing as much research as I could feel I could do, I felt ready to finally ask the experts there opinion.

Im in the market for my first real power laser pointer, I have owned hundreds of crappy <5mw lasers and 1 <5mw green laser. Between my past experience I have decided to purchase a high power green laser. (Laser beams!) Granted I am aware of the dangers of lasers, and I can assure you I plan on every safety measure possible (Glasses, avoiding eye contact, being aware of reflective shiny objects) I understand that lasers are similar to firearms.

Now safety aside, lets get to the fun stuff! (LASER BEAMS!). After reading some posts in this forum, and basic laser research, I have narrowed down between these 2 choices

First the "JetLaser.org" PL-E v3 150mw 532nm Laser

Second the "o-like.com" Crown upgrade 400mw Green Laser Torch

Also, im open to other possible options if you feel they meet my criteria!

Things I hope to have after a ~250$ (willing to go more if its worth it) purchase is owning a pair of protective glasses, battery, charger, a visually appealing laser (looks do somewhat matter, go ahead blame Starwars)

Personally I am leaning tword the PL-E v3 150mw Laser, however I feel somewhat cheated on pure power seeing how its only 150mw compared to the 400mw at the same price-point. However seeing how its my first time experience with high powered lasers you guys may agree its best to start off around 150mw. But with that in mind, is 150mw enough to rock my world in the experience of lasers.

Also in regards to the PL-E 150mw Laser, would/should I buy the battery and charger from the option below? or would it be best to buy elsewhere (this goes for the crown 400mw laser as well)

Hopefully this wasn't a horribly long post, I look forward to contributing as much as I can in this Laser community!

welcome.gif
to LPF, The Laser Pointer Forum.

If you're patient, you can watch the B/S/T forum for lasers that fit your needs, and maybe get them for lower cost than buying online. There are group buys, on occasion, where further discounts may be enjoyed.

Thanks for the input, patience isnt my strongest attribute! haha

But I did spend some time in the B/S/T forum, well at least the buy portion. However found myself getting overwhelmed with lasers over my comfortable limit of 300mw+

And found a majority of them being blue lasers, which I am too scared to touch yet over green.

I will keep looking, but like i said my patience isnt my strong suit