Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Re: The danger of lasers and rave parties, etc

diachi

lasers over 5mW are dangerous actually, but you just dont need goggles for <30mW if your careful, the lasers in rave nights should be fine, just talk to whoever is managing it about the power and stuff. the lasers are usually above eye level anyway, and the beams so spread out that they are at a safe level, if you are really unsure just talk to whoever is managing the show :p

Hey, if you wore your laser goggles for green it wouldn't look so bad.

I mean, they're just like funky sunglasses. With a red tint ;) And then you'd be alright.

Razako

Usually the lasers in raves are rapidly scanned over the crowd and they are the right power for the job. The incident in Russia happened because the idiot technicians used the wrong lasers for the job.

i have been hit in the eyes with some greenies at a club before and it did kinda hurt. eventhough the beam is bigger and scanned quickly, anything over 30mw directly on your face isnt pleasant.

This seems too easy --- Don't look at the source :D I never look at the projector when I'm at a movie.

Mike

Vcent

Apparently the lasers scan so quick & above eye level,that it SHOULD be safe...The incident in Russia actually happened because the morons put a tent up & still used the lasers,so the lasers reflected down into the eyes of the party goers.