Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Re: Laser OPTICS

Things

yes a DVD burner diode should be over 55mw, but columinating it is the hard part! you could just buy a aixiz module, and put your diode in that?

Info on this is scarce, like enuro12 I also want to collimate and focus. I saw a 7mm collimator lens on ebay which I purchased, but before I start messing with it I would like to get to know the theory of how to work out distances between lenses and such. I know that a few months ago I came across an article about making such an assembly but I did not bookmark it. I have searched this forum to no avail....I have also tried "the other place"but cannot find it again.

If anyone out there can come up with something in "easy speak" rather than algebraic I would be very grateful.

Regards rog8811

Gazoo

It's cloudy outside..it might rain.

There, and I thought I was on topic....sorry I stepped on your toes....

S

SenKat

enuro12 said:
[quote author=things link=1190264469/0#1 date=1190272848]yes a DVD burner diode should be over 55mw, but columinating it is the hard part! you could just buy a aixiz module, and put your diode in that?
Like the thread hijacker above me, i dont understand what to buy. Aixiz has alot of modules. How do i know which to go with?

Thanks for the help![/quote]

What is wit hteh threadjacking comment, and then asking for help ? That is not thte way we operate here - Rog was commiserating with you, and offering up information that may have jogged someone's memory about the thread that is on here. You will get no help acting like that.

S

SenKat

Roger was commiserating with you - since you do nto seem to understand what I am PM'ing you, I will take it to the open forum for resolution, perhaps someone else may assist you with pulling your head out of your ass long enough to see what the hell is going on - he was telling you that he has had a hard time finding information on this subject - not threadjacking. you say you are an expert at forums, I really do nto think so - because openly posting, asking for information, and then being an asshole when someone agrees with you, and would like to find the same information is just plain rude, and obnoxious. Try to actually read the posts that are on here prior to you shooting off at the mouth, or go over to laser community, or whatever other forum you seem to be an expert on, and voice your threadjacking comments over there. Rog has done nothing but good on this forum, and frankly it has pissed me off that you have such an elitist attitude that you cannot even tell when someone is trying to assist you. Guard your tongue carefully.

enuro12 said:
nevermind

Don't give up, just play nice.

It was a good question. I think more than a few on the forum would like to better understand how a collimator works besides just "make the beam bigger and it doesn't expand as much."

We just have to make sure that we understand what someone is saying before we shoot off at the keyboard. It's always better to take a problem to PM first, then to a Mod. if you must, but not in the open forum unless it's your last resort. And when a Mod. gives you a gentle nudge, it's usually good form to offer an apology.

There are a ton of people on here ready and waiting to help anyone who asks. So again, just play nice and I'm sure we'll all learn a lot.

If that didn't work, I guess the next person will need a crowbar. ;)

I'm not an expert on the types of diodes out there but when it comes to optics I can hold my own. I'm currently working on a Ph.D. in physics. My recommendation is to buy a physics book that covers optics. University lower level undergraduate texts are usually split into two semesters with mechanics and motion being one semester and optics, electromagnetism, nuclear second semester. Get the algebra based optics text and you will be set because those texts also go into a fair amount of detail regarding electronics also. Don't buy it new. Buy an out of date edition. Optics hasn't changed any to justify a new copy of a college text. My 2 cents.

enuro12 said:
Where do i get the optics to direct the light. This has me confused, and i cant seem to find a good resource to educate myself.

I tried using the optics out of a camera, but it just didn't focus the light well. Thanks!

Sorry, based on your original post I thought you had two issues, what to use and "I can't seem to find a good source to educate myself", in optics since the statement fell between two optics sentences.

Hi Jack....Oh no thats me.... Hi FrothyChimp, there seems to be no easy way around this then back to book learning. Thanks for the info though.

Regards rog8811

S

SenKat

Gentlemen - Neither he, nor his abrasive comments will be back.

T

timelord

Wo!! I missed this thread with all what has been going on with the WL fanboys and bannings etc... SenKat very rarely deletes somebodies posts unless he's pushed :eek:

enuro12 was making himself like the South facing end of a North bound mule. He then got what was coming to him.