Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

re-colaminating

help! im trying to Recollimate my 125mw viper. the lens is already loose, so how would i know what distance to focus the beam at? how do you get it to infiniti?? thanx alot!!

Amnizu

tone1132 said:
thats what i said......lol! thanks. could you help??

I had to correct your spelling since it bugged me so much.

As for a distance, I would say try to focus it for at least 50 feet or more. If you can get a tiny dot at 50 feet, then you'll have a better divergence than most lasers do to begin with. Plus, there aren't many applications you'll need to use your laser for where you need a really tight dot at 50 feet except for showing off with match lights, balloon pops and so on.

Razako

Basically you shine the laser at wall that is at least 30 feet away and adjust the laser until you get the smallest possible dot. Although it takes a lot of trial and error it really isn't hard at all.

hmmmm...... ok. thanks again. Does anyone know where to get a glass focusing lens for a aixis modual???

Abray

one thing that helps when collimating, is to have it on a wall or something pretty far away. and have a friend down looking at the dot telling you whether to keep turning the lens or if the dot is good. That's how I collimated some of my lasers. It works pretty well!

i was wondering..... could i bounce it off a mirror back to my position and then collimate, would the mirror make the dot look bigger or smaller than it actually is? thanks again!

Amnizu

In my experience the mirror will enlarge the dot artificially and make it seem larger than it is.

i put a patch of black electical tape on a wall 30 feet away and aim the laser at it
and run back and forth measuring/adjusting

i have a dot the size of a dime at about 25ft. is that good? this is pretty tricky on my part, its relly hard to tell when turning the lense does anything.

Razako

tone1132 said:
Any feedback?........Anyone?? .................... :'(
Dime at 25 feets sounds good to me. That actually beats a couple of my lasers.