Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Re: Circuit board for a Wicked Laser 15mW Classic

This is for 'wannaburn', Hi this is phoenix77, & Man, do I have a problem. I hope you can help me. Basically this is the pickle I'm in. I 'HAD' a Wicked Lasers 'CLASSIC' green laser. I 'pot-modded' it, & everything came out fine. Now I had a 'CLASSIC' that would light RED headed (not black) matches, & pop balloons in a heartbeat. Then the problems started, I heard a rattle inside, so I slid out the guts, & discovered that the solder that held the switch in place had come loose. So, I decided to do it myself since the laser was past warranty.Now I don't know alot about electronics, & even less about lasers, but I do know how to solder. Trouble was, I didn't check the wattage on the iron before using it, but I found out in a hurry! It seemed like I barely touched the PCB, when the switch began to melt. Well, like a dumb a** I moved the iron to fast & succeeded in partially melting the 'pot' also. One thing led to another & components started coming off & then the copper foil strips on the PCB. Before I knew it I had a Wicked Lasers 'CLASSIC' piece of junk. I was told that you had a bunch of old DX parts & that maybe you could help me. What I need, I guess is a 'pot-moddable' PCB, that will run on 2AAA's, with a push-button switch on the board, with 2 leads coming out the front & a spring on the back.PWEW! Can you PLEASE, PLEASE help me? 1 last thing, I live on a very low fixed income (social security disability, because of 7 surgeries for my back) + I have a wife & child to support & a house & car to pay for, so I don't have alot of $. The lasers I DO have, were gifts, so each one I have is PRECIOUS to me. I can't afford a NEW 'CLASSIC' so I have to try to fix the one I have as cheaply as possible, so, CAN YOU HELP ME, AS CHEAPLY AS POSSIBLE? My Email is fusedpulse@yahoo.com Can you please reply? Thanks so much for the time you used to read this, I really appreciate it. Please Help Me! phoenix77

JLSE

I can send you one for free, mind you, you must be cautious with this, DX aims for 50mw on all of their low end pointers and the pumps are upward 200mW. Hopefully someone on this forum knows how much current that diode takes. The voltage for IR pumps are usually 2.5v, and the boards I have are good for that. As for the current some of these pots work and some only work with the APC. Ill send you an 808 diode with it, in case you fry yours. Gather as much info as possilbe on that model before attempting to swap with these boards. PM your address and info, and we can take it from there. If you want faster postal, 5 bucks should cover it :)

Cheers.

Ace82

Re: Re: Circuit board for a Wicked Laser 15mW Clas

;D Sounds like my first laser. I have many extra boards. I have a working DX 5 board, three complete working DX 5 modules, one working DX 30 board, and one fully fuctional DX 150 w/ diode but with no crystal or collimator. I would give you a DX 5 or 30 board free, sell you a module for $20 (they don't even work that great, but same thing you buy at DX for $17, but have to wait a month) - I could show you video or pic, or I can sell you the DX 150 board w/ diode uncollamated and no crystal for $10. Just PM me if your interested.