Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

rcr 123 vs cr 123?????

hey guys, i just have a question about whether its better to buy rechargeable or just lithium cr123 batteries. all im asking is for personal opinions. Up to date i have only been using cr123 and not the rechargeable ones. I have read that the cr123 last longer that in one use than the rcr123 in one charge. But i have also read that the rcr123 reach 3.6 volts as opposed to the 3 volts my question is that if i buy a rcr123, does the .6 difference in voltage really make a difference in power, per say on a 80-100mW green module from o-like? and also, how long is the lifetime of one charge on these things, say if i was to take this laser pointer out on like a star watch night, will i have to bring like 3 rcr123 batts with me?? I just want to know because i need to buy some more and im not sure for which ones to go with...

Last edited:

k1kb0t

It depends on the driver and whether it can hold the extra voltage. I think a 3v CR-123 is 3.2v at full charge, and the RCR-123 is 3.6, so a difference of only .4.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8382

if the driver can handle the voltage, then the extra 0.6V willcompensate the lower mah, also, lithium are expensive :p

its for this module:http://o-like.com/b2b_cpinfo.asp?id=909
it says the working voltage is from 3.0 to 4.2 volts.
And yeah haha lithium are expensive, but i would find them much more practical to use them if i have to bring one of those instead of like three rechargeable ones per star watch night, thats why i was asking how long does a charge last on those things?... do you think the rcr are worth it?? and if so where would be my best option to get them?

Last edited:
ebay for rcr123's he guys username is winneresales . He is really cheap on price and gets them out the next day, every time. I've never had a bad transactiion with him but once and he sent the wrong kind, let me keep those and sent an extra battery for my trouble. ;)

k1kb0t

its for this module:http://o-like.com/b2b_cpinfo.asp?id=909
it says the working voltage is from 3.0 to 4.2 volts.
And yeah haha lithium are expensive, but i would find them much more practical to use them if i have to bring one of those instead of like three rechargeable ones per star watch night, thats why i was asking how long does a charge last on those things?... do you think the rcr are worth it?? and if so where would be my best option to get them?

Well then RCR-123 should work fine. The rechargeable batteries are more expensive but most manufactures say you can get 1000 charges. I don't know how long they last but I'm going to guess months depending on how much you use it. It should last you the night I would guess. I have only had my laser for 3 days so I'm not sure about battery life.

jayrob

The RCR123 is actually 4.2 volts at full charge. Using this battery for your 100mW green module, will give it a little more power than a 3 volt CR123.

For example, you may get 90mW's with the CR123, and maybe around 120mW's using the RCR123. (depending on your module) But the 3 volt battery will be better on the life of your module. (I would think)

I always use the RCR123's for the O-like modules 50mW's and above...
Jay

NICE! thanks guys, im definitely buying a few rechargeables then... and thanks Archienj7 for the name of the supplier

No problem, he has chargers too that come with a set of two rcr123's. 18.00 I think. They come ready to roll though. :)