Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rayfoss?

Is rayfoss a good company to buy lasers from? Does USA customes take their lasers? Trying to find 200mw laser any color not on LPF

jakeGT

FRom the 2 experiences I have had with rayfoss and their lasers, customer service was top notch, and good quality lasers.
I give them an A. My 2 dealings with them have been over 3 months ago though.

SpecV

Slow shipping and ignore emails so no customer service.

jakeGT

ha, your gonna have to get used to slow shipping. if it's coming from china, and you didn't pay 20-30 dollars for shipping, it's gonna be a while. No matter WHERE you buy from, o-like, CNI, rayfoss, jetlasers, etc. etc. etc.

SpecV

ha, your gonna have to get used to slow shipping. if it's coming from china, and you didn't pay 20-30 dollars for shipping, it's gonna be a while. No matter WHERE you buy from, o-like, CNI, rayfoss, jetlasers, etc. etc. etc.

I mean even slower than average for china, like 45 days. I usually get stuff from china in 3 weeks.

jakeGT

Both of mine to Kentucky was less than 3 weeks, like 17 and 19 days each

jakeGT

nope, on every laser they've sent me, they put a 5mW sticker on it, and on the box, so the customs people if they do open your package, all they see is Legal <5mW everywhere

Last edited:
there site is weird as there is not a real checkout?

ive seen other people say 2 or 3 weeks for shipping. how reliable are they and what if any problems have others had?

im just concerned as there was not a real checkout what do they do for this send you the information in an email or what?

Thanks,
Brian

Yeah, they are pretty reliable. Their products are not necessarily always on spec, but you will always get a product. And yes, they send you the information in an email.

the way it sounds is you are not too confident in rayfoss products have you had bad experiences? or is it just faster and cheaper to get lasers from someone else?

plus i didnt like the fact that all it was was an order link not to check out and pay them as i was looking for more information on stuff like shipping and what payment options there where.

No, it's actually not that way. My first laser was from Rayfoss. While it is not on spec (about 50mW below), it's still a great laser, with great build quality, etc.

seams like this may be my last option as the other places ive tried have all been out of stock / stopped building 405nm lasers at least the higher powered ones. looks like it may be another month before i get a laser. at least im getting my goggles on monday.
im looking at getting this one www.rayfoss.com

Lazerer is a new promising laser store with fast shipping, up to spec lasers and good service.

I think he is becoming my first choice for lasers.