Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rayfoss vs Skylasers

Hello people, I currently have a second time replaced rayfoss RF532-200mW-FMK(IR filtered) that is currently with rayfoss' engineer to see why it has died on me. Anyway, I was looking at skylasers.com and realized that they have the exact same host with heatguard that's supposed to shut the laser down automatically when it reaches a high temperature. I was thinking if I should ask faona for a refund and pay an extra 100 $ and get the skylaser 200 mW instead. Their shipping is only 15 $ flat rate and I dont get to pay custom taxes upon arrival (unless I understood otherwise). So can anyone here suggest to me what to do? All I know is that skylasers is of a "higher caliber" laser than rayfoss and includes that extra feature. So what do you guys think? Thanks!

Dimitri

I'll see if I can dig up the thread, someone emailed Skylasers about the fact that Rayfoss has the same laser and basically the ones that Rayfoss sell are ones that didn't pass Sky's QC requirements to be sold outside China. I suggest going with Skylasers.

Edit: http://laserpointerforums.com/f41/skylasers-vs-rayfoss-52630.html

Thanks a lot for that link. Hope Faona agrees to refund my laser because if not, this will be the third time I get a different rayfoss laser! Not cool rayfoss...

Hello people, I currently have a second time replaced rayfoss RF532-200mW-FMK(IR filtered) that is currently with rayfoss' engineer to see why it has died on me. Anyway, I was looking at skylasers.com and realized that they have the exact same host with heatguard that's supposed to shut the laser down automatically when it reaches a high temperature. I was thinking if I should ask faona for a refund and pay an extra 100 $ and get the skylaser 200 mW instead. Their shipping is only 15 $ flat rate and I dont get to pay custom taxes upon arrival (unless I understood otherwise). So can anyone here suggest to me what to do? All I know is that skylasers is of a "higher caliber" laser than rayfoss and includes that extra feature. So what do you guys think? Thanks!

Dimitri
Hi dimitri,
The 2 lasers are exactly same laser as Qualifound/rayfos and skylasers are both dropper shipper who use the same source.
No reason to think you'll get a better one from skylasers, the comment that rayfoss lasers are the ones that don't meet skylasers Q/C is total crap, they're both drop shipped, so neither actually tests or has their hands on the laser before being sent to their customers.

I would just stick it out with the poison you chose as I doubt RF will give you your money back anyway and if they do it will be minus all the shipping costs and maybe have a restock fee on top of that.

Hi dimitri,
The 2 lasers are exactly same laser as Qualifound/rayfos and skylasers are both dropper shipper who use the same source.
No reason to think you'll get a better one from skylasers, the comment that rayfoss lasers are the ones that don't meet skylasers Q/C is total crap, they're both drop shipped, so neither actually tests or has their hands on the laser before being sent to their customers.

I would just stick it out with the poison you chose as I doubt RF will give you your money back anyway and if they do it will be minus all the shipping costs and maybe have a restock fee on top of that.

I would really love to think you're wrong, just because that would make me feel better. Also, how do you know this information? I mean you need to show some credibility in order for me to be convinced that these are the exact same lasers! Thanks!

Dimitri

If you had done even a small ammount of checking, you would have seen that Jack is extremely credible.
His company sells some of best lasers available. He knows the bussiness.
I would take his advice ;)

If you had done even a small ammount of checking, you would have seen that Jack is extremely credible.
His company sells some of best lasers available. He knows the bussiness.
I would take his advice ;)

It doesn't matter anymore because Rayfoss has refused to refund my money because it's overdue. They are going to fix/replace my laser yet again...

Dimitri

i ma going to buy the FMK 200mw... can you tell me how is it? does it have nice divergence(mrad)?

@bootleg. : so also the RF laser has the "heatguard" feature,that's supposed to shut the laser down automatically when it reaches a high temperature?
i think YES

Kulhu

i ma going to buy the FMK 200mw... can you tell me how is it? does it have nice divergence(mrad)?

@bootleg. : so also the RF laser has the "heatguard" feature,that's supposed to shut the laser down automatically when it reaches a high temperature?
i think YES

Jealous:cryyy:

The laser is nice as long as it functions. The divergence is pretty good too, I haven't measured it but I can let you know the numbers once I receive it.

Dimitri

thank you. i think fmk green laser is one of the best handheeld laser ever made.
because it has a focusable head.... yeas also rpl and herclues are the best of the quality... but at this power is good to have a focus lense... to burn better at distance.... oc create a nice large beam and use this large amount of light like a long range torch.

all imho. i like focus systems....

thank you. i think fmk green laser is one of the best handheeld laser ever made.
because it has a focusable head.... yeas also rpl and herclues are the best of the quality... but at this power is good to have a focus lense... to burn better at distance.... oc create a nice large beam and use this large amount of light like a long range torch.

all imho. i like focus systems....

I love focusable lasers as well. When I was looking for a portable green laser of around 200 mW, I could'nt care less if it was focusable or not, but as soon as I have received the laser, I realized how nice of a feature it is to be able to use is to illuminate buildings and montains from a distance. I would never order a non-focusable laser unless it is of very high quality and power such as the hercules series or opto's RPL range of lasers.