Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rayfoss vs O-like

recently i've been hearing alot of bad review of rayfoss
so my question is
which company would be better to buy from?
overall a little under spec is okay for me
i just wanna point around and have fun
also which company would have IR filter?

I know for a fact rayfoss will add an IR filter for free because i sent them an email about it. Not sure about O-like but i'm in the same boat looking at the rayfoss 200mW FLX but still concerned about all the negatives im hearing about rayfoss.
Below is the email i got from rayfoss i chuckled when i saw Faona spelled her name wrong because it means they don't follow some kind of pre made copy+paste.

Hello Sir,

Thanks for your inquiry!

Re.RF532-200mW-FLX
Yes, we could add IR lens per your requests in charger free.
And we will do testing on each unit before shipping for the power datas to assure it is upto spec..
After IR filter there usually will be 15% power reduce.

Any further questoins please feel free let us know!

Thanks and regards,
www.rayfoss.com
Faoan

Valid

I ordered a laser from Rayfoss, haven't received it yet, so I can't say much about the actual quality, but I have to say the customer service is great!

As soon as I paid for the laser and send a mail I got an allocated Tracking Number, I've read lot of posts claiming people getting no Tracking Number, but I got it without even asking for it.

Overall I am very happy with the customer service, once I receive my laser I will post a review, look out for it. ;)

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I just ordered from O-Like, and I have gotten similar individual customer service from Susie. I ordered from O-Like because it states that batteries are included, not to mention, I kind of like their laser build a little better, it grew on me. They just got out of a holiday there in China, too.

I haven't ordered anything from rayfoss yet to form an opinion, but after a few orders from o-like recently I am happy to say they are straightforward, prompt and professional. I'd received tracking numbers and great customer service after a few past orders I placed with them, I would recommend them to anyone interested.

Br553

I've only ordered the 200mw red from O-like so far and I have to say I am impressed with the laser and the customer service. It smokes the black case it came in quite easily. Being it is my first high powered laser it definately adds to the coolness factor. The next laser I get will probably be a greenie with similar power. I have yet to decide if I will order from Rayfoss or O-like. It will probably depend on price and or host design.

IsaacT

Don't order from Rayfoss til the Holidays they are in are through...then I think Rayfoss will be great, but their national holiday is making their rating among everyone go down

spepin

Think twice about ordering from O-Like. I placed an order for a small 50mW greenie about two weeks ago. The order went through fine (as did the PayPal charge), but to date, I haven't seen the order status change from "processing". I've sent several emails and haven't received a single response. I've reluctantly requested a refund.

At the same time, I ordered a 75mW greenie from Sky Lasers and am extremely happy with it. The beam quality and focus is far superior to any of the "cheapie" lasers I've compared it to. They're a little more expensive, but I like the fact that all of their lasers have IR filters built-in, and the power measurement is taken with the IR filter in place, so when you buy a 200mW laser, you're actually getting 200mW. A side benefit was that the laser I bought from Sky was stocked locally (California), so I didn't have to wait for a "slow boat from China", or wonder if my pointer was going to get hung up in customs. O-Like will not receive any future business from me, but Sky Lasers certainly will.

Just my .02 cents -- YMMV

Think twice about ordering from O-Like. I placed an order for a small 50mW greenie about two weeks ago. The order went through fine (as did the PayPal charge), but to date, I haven't seen the order status change from "processing". I've sent several emails and haven't received a single response. I've reluctantly requested a refund.

At the same time, I ordered a 75mW greenie from Sky Lasers and am extremely happy with it. The beam quality and focus is far superior to any of the "cheapie" lasers I've compared it to. They're a little more expensive, but I like the fact that all of their lasers have IR filters built-in, and the power measurement is taken with the IR filter in place, so when you buy a 200mW laser, you're actually getting 200mW. A side benefit was that the laser I bought from Sky was stocked locally (California), so I didn't have to wait for a "slow boat from China", or wonder if my pointer was going to get hung up in customs. O-Like will not receive any future business from me, but Sky Lasers certainly will.

Just my .02 cents -- YMMV

This sounds so much like an advertisement.

spepin

This sounds so much like an advertisement.

Sorry, but what would I be advertising? Just posting about an experience with O-like and offering an alternative good experience. Don't believe me? Want me to post a screenshot of the PayPal dispute with O-Like? I have no connection with RayFoss, O-Like, Sky Lasers, etc. Somebody asked a question, I responded with my personal experience. Sorry if that doesn't please you, but get over it.

IsaacT

Sorry, but what would I be advertising? Just posting about an experience with O-like and offering an alternative good experience. Don't believe me? Want me to post a screenshot of the PayPal dispute with O-Like? I have no connection with RayFoss, O-Like, Sky Lasers, etc. Somebody asked a question, I responded with my personal experience. Sorry if that doesn't please you, but get over it.

I think the fact that that was your first post makes it seem like an advertisement. If you want to be a part of the community, you are simply asked to introduce yourself via the welcome section and abide by the TOU. If this was genuine, GREAT! I look forward to getting to know you and your contribution to LPF. Welcome!

spepin

I think the fact that that was your first post makes it seem like an advertisement. If you want to be a part of the community, you are simply asked to introduce yourself via the welcome section and abide by the TOU. If this was genuine, GREAT! I look forward to getting to know you and your contribution to LPF. Welcome!

Okay, my bad for not saying "Hi" in the welcome section -- I had actually registered over a week ago, but never received the activation link. I had wanted to post asking about similar experiences with O-Like, but was unable to until today when I emailed the admin. I'll go introduce myself now.

Steve.

If you're not actually connected with SkyLasers, I apologize. From what I see, I've just seen some companies advertising with brand new accounts. Either way, very detailed review, I'll look at them next time. In other news so far O-Like has been very good to me.

spepin

No problem -- I can see the misunderstanding -- in retrospect, it kind of did look like a plug for Sky. Not my intention. BTW, left a little background of me in the welcome area.

Cheers...

I'm kind of in the same boat with O-Like as spepin. I submitted an order last Friday and my Paypal payment went through no problem. It is now Wednesday and my order has remained at "Processing". I wrote them the other day and so far no response at all. It certainly makes me begin to doubt that I will receive what I ordered. Hopefully they'll get back to me today and give me a heads up about what is going on with my order. Normally I wouldn't be writing about this situation yet but what spepin has shared here so far mirrors exactly what's happening for me.

My particular situation could simply be a manifestation of a national holiday there. Still if so then it would be more sensible for them to have this delay prominently indicated somewhere which as things stand now on their site is not the case.

-Scott

Last edited:
You need to understand that the Chinese have a lot of
holidays during the year and are sometimes to at work...

On the other hand....

There is a simple solution if paid by PayPal....
If a Chinese seller (any Chinese seller) is at work and ignoring
you... you can send an E-Mail to them stating that you will
open a PayPal Dispute if you do not get a response in 24Hrs..

If you do not get a response then open a Dispute and I
guarantee they will respond to PayPal...
Do not close the dispute until you have your laser...
If you do not get your item (Laser) within a reasonable
time... you can escalate the Dispute to a Claim...

But give them a chance to get back to work and make it
right... They are on the other side of the Globe and not
on our time zone...:cool:

Jerry