Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rayfoss or O-like?

Im tyring to buy a 200mW red, but im not sure wether i should get it from rayfoss or o-like..what do you guys recommend

I would go for the O-Like. rayfoss has been having some issues lately.

Last edited:
ive heard rayfoss has been having problems with shipping and returns, but i went to o-like and they are kinda expensive (for me, dont know your situation monetarily). compared to rayfoss who is sorta discount prices for lasers.

IMHO, for a 200mW red, I would and have, just build it myself;)

Look into it, lot easier than you'd think, and it will mean so much more that you made it, not just bought it from some china reseller, and if something blows, you can just take it apart, and fix it!

im 13....i dunt have a job...and also....i dont know how to make it

If you are in the USA, you will need to choose between o-like or rayfoss. If you are outside the US, DX has red lasers too, but won't accept US orders for over 5mW lasers. If you are non-US, the DX red dilda (old style) is available at a good price. This forum, btw, is a good place to cure any lack of knowledge relating to laser building. Lurk here, read, search, and start accumulating parts. You'll be a laser builder yet. Start with a simple red or bluray labby in an Altoids tin or similar to let you get the hang of things. A self-made LM317 driver, LOC or PHR diode, aixiz module, and batteries could cost less than an import laser, burn just as well, and give you the satisfaction of knowing that you can build a laser.