Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

rayfoss.com??

I did a review of a Rayfoss product when their Qualifound Division handled ALL their products. Now Rayfoss Division handles just lasers. Yobresal also did a review of Rayfoss's "GOBLIN LASER @ 500mW's"..................rob

D

Deleted member 8382

I still have not heard much about them, also, everything I heard were just good reviews :p

D

Deleted member 8382

By the way, now that I see this again, if you plan to buy a 200mW red laser, go for the dilda laser, 45$ excellent perfomance, we all, or almost all, have one of those :p

please use the search botton there has lots of reviews about rayfoss already

Just a quick 2 cents here, I've been back and forth with Faona from Rayfoss regarding their green modules and have always recieved concise answers to my emails, in a timely manner ...

Very rare for the typical Chinese supplier (with a few exceptions) !

Ash

Any one try rayfoss.com yet? Any word on reliability?
I like this model. Good price I think?
http://rayfoss.com/pro_info.asp?id=1456
I just got that exact same 200mW "waterproof" red from them and it took a little over a week from when I ordered to get to me (Calif.).

I would say it is a great waterproof focusable laser, that's actually submersible:
P1010396.jpg

P1010393.jpg

It seals (from water) at all the connections really well with a soft rubber o-ring (two rings where it's focusable), has a nice GITD blue tail clicky, but it is really heavy (191grams, compared to the dilda at 67grams.) :confused:
It is definitely up to power (burns as good as a dilda), but, if you don't need a completely waterproof one, there is no reason to spend 2x the money, when you could get the same power (~200mW) for half the price.
and yes, rayfoss is very reliable

lol they have a photoshopped picture of the game called "universe at war" on their site as main logo....that chances sometimes.

Sorry to sound like an idiot, but how am I supposed to pay for an order? I ordered some modules, and I never was redirected to a paypal page so I just assumed they would send an email with payment details...and I never got an email. Am I supposed to just contact them after I make an order or what? Am I missing something stupid?

I usually just email Faona with what I need and have her send me a Paypal invoice (money request) - give that a shot, she's lightning fast getting back to you.

By the way, now that I see this again, if you plan to buy a 200mW red laser, go for the dilda laser, 45$ excellent perfomance, we all, or almost all, have one of those :p

United States Customers Only: due to new regulations enforced by the US FDA and PayPal, orders of >5mW lasers units shipped to the United States are no longer accepted. Orders that were previously accepted and unshipped will be cancelled and refunded to customers. This affects United States orders only.

Important FDA Warning for all >5mW Lasers: FDA advices all customers that these lasers may be purchased only if you are NOT a citizen of the United States and you are NOT currently living in the United States.

Found this US buyers excluded notice at DX - how do ya'll get around this?

Ash

Found this US buyers excluded notice at DX - how do ya'll get around this?
Yep, what john_lawson said. :evil:
Don't try to buy lasers from DX if you live in the US. :mad:
Most of the other Chinese suppliers (other than Kaidomain, I think) will ship >5mW lasers to the US.

I like rayfoss for their less than 250mW lasers. My 500mW took a crap on me. If your going big get something that will last like opto or cni.