Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rayfoss cheap bluray driver

.3lite

Awesome, it looks like step-up driver, and such price!
It's great for PHR's.

Yeah, but I think they make them to our specs, so for a 803t, you could buy like 5 for the price of a lavadrive, and have them at different currents

HIMNL9

And you can always modify it, if you can work with smd components :)

Edit: Can't read what pwm ic they used, and the inductance seem very small, and unshielded, but for 160mA max, maybe can't be a problem ..... apparently, it's using some 1 MHz or more driver, seeing how the inductance is small ..... someone already tried them, and know if they're stable or if they fry some diodes ? :D

Last edited:

Xer0

@matrixcs: where i can se the original pivot movie you made your gif from?

HIMNL9

Judging from the pics, O-like one is also more small and use more new components, probably is for this reason that Rayfoss one is cheaper ..... but, basically, seems the same principle, a pwm regulator, a pair of transistors, a second 3 pins IC (guess if it's a 317 in current mode limiter ? :D) .....

The other advantage of O-like one, is the trimmer ..... you don't need to change smd resistors or add your own trimmer, if you want to regulate the current.

Yeah, but I like fixed regulators, that way you don't have to set the current, it saves time. Also, it's cheaper... esp. cheaper if they combine shipping (may have to email them about that).