Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rayfoss 532nm 100mW B03 review

Hi everyone!
This is my first post on this forum, although i've been researching here previously to decide on what to buy for my first laser (other than a simple red 5mW)
Here's what i got!
5200-01052011511.jpg

I wanted a focusable laser with a highly visible beam in darkness, for optics experiments, as well as a reasonable burning ability, if only for fun!
I ordered this unit
www.rayfoss.com
as it offered everything i was looking for at a reasonable price.
5198-01052011516.jpg

The laser arrived in a (well wrapped and cushioned) box about 8 days after i payed by paypal, the battery and charger, however, took and additional 12 or so days to arrive, irritating!
As soon as the battery arrived, already charged! :D I began with my experimenting!
The laser itself feels well built, with a hefty aluminium case, solid focusing head and sturdy keylocking tail cap, the only con of the laser's construction i have found is the button, which after a day's use on and off, lost the 'click' in it's operation, now it feels less solid, but is still perfectly usable.
Now for the fun part :)
5199-01052011513.jpg

The beam itslef is very tight when focused at infinity, andis highly visible in anything other than bright sunlight, and is incredibly impressive at night, appearing as a "solid pillar of light" as one of my witnesses put it!
5202-28042011481.jpg

5201-28042011478.jpg

As for burning, the matches can be lit at 50cm in a matter of seconds, the beam will easily cut a pin sized hole through dark plastic bags almost instantly, and i have caused black coloured card to smoke and smoulder without any trouble.
5203-01052011518.jpg

In conclusion, this is a great laser for the price, solid, tactile and with a precise and powerful beam, and it sure is fun!

Last edited:
Reactions: ARG