Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rayfoss 50mw $20 (Including Shipping)

hello i am selling a rayfoss RF532-50mW-XDZ (the one on the left) i bought it a few months ago but i am saving up for a better laser. Its only been use for an hour tops

If you are interested PM me i accept paypal and free shipping US only

mail

Last edited:

Hey dude, your picture doesn't work.

You can't link directly to a picture on your hard drive. You'll need to upload it somewhere, such as Photobucket or Flickr. You can also attach it to your post.

Also, make sure you have a picture of the laser on a sheet of paper with:

LaserPointerForums
Your Username
Date
Your signature

written on it. It's part of the new 'de facto' anti-scammer policy.

Cheers,

Reactions: Asa

Asa

Also, make sure you have a picture of the laser on a sheet of paper with:

LaserPointerForums
Your Username
Date
Your signature

written on it. It's part of the new 'de facto' anti-scammer policy.

Cheers,

And please, nobody buy this until he does. Also, use a middleman when in doubt!

ppctx

IMO, $20 shipped if far too small a risk to necessitate a the hassle of middle man to keep everyone safe.

Asa

IMO, $20 shipped if far too small a risk to necessitate a the hassle of middle man to keep everyone safe.

It was just a reminder. I didn't say "use a middleman for this purchase!"

And if we let more scams go by, be them $20 or $100+, we're still letting them go by. This will invite more scams and scammers to the forums to take the money of the innocent and ignorant.

Don't let penguin scare all you guys into ONLY buying from senior members, that's how they keep their prices high and get by in these slow economic times. I took a chance with $230 and didn't get ripped off. As long as you use paypal, and NOT send payment as a "gift," you should be ok.

If you have money to throw away, with all due respect....you should read some of the things that's happened in the past, if you haven't already. Or you can make the purchase and help establish the seller's reputation.

@spaceman2020 ...... "Don't let penguin scare all you guys into ONLY buying from senior members, that's how they keep their prices high and get by in these slow economic times. I took a chance with $230 and didn't get ripped"

That's fu*ked in so many ways :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I've done my research before my purchase. You should too. Sometime's these senior members act one way in front of the most senior members and act totally different to newbies. Like I said in previous postings, USE YOUR GUT AND INTUITIONS! **I don't trust nobody, but myself**

ppctx

If you have money to throw away, with all due respect....you should read some of the things that's happened in the past, if you haven't already. Or you can make the purchase and help establish the seller's reputation.

With all due respect... it's 20 bucks. That's less than 4 hours work for someone making minimum wage. ~7 dollars of that is probably going to go into shipping. Ask a third party to intercept the package and send it on, either that’s another ~7 dollars to the seller for shipping or time and gas spent by the third party and buyer, so buyer could get about 6 hole dollars for his trouble and laser or $13 and the buyer and third party are out additional time (money) and gas (money). The other option is the buyer takes my $20 and buys whatever that will get him/her... maybe I'll buy a couple less two or three beers next time I go out to compensate.

If I ever get burned on the nets, I may change my glass is half full outlook but I've never been screwed or have screwed anybody on the nets... unless you consider online stock trading, ouch, now that hurt my hiney hole.

This is just my humble opinion and I may go ahead and buy it.

With all due respect... it's 20 bucks. That's less than 4 hours work for someone making minimum wage. ~7 dollars of that is probably going to go into shipping. Ask a third party to intercept the package and send it on, either that’s another ~7 dollars to the seller for shipping or time and gas spent by the third party and buyer, so buyer could get about 6 hole dollars for his trouble and laser or $13 and the buyer and third party are out additional time (money) and gas (money). The other option is the buyer takes my $20 and buys whatever that will get him/her... maybe I'll buy a couple less two or three beers next time I go out to compensate.

If I ever get burned on the nets, I may change my glass is half full outlook but I've never been screwed or have screwed anybody on the nets... unless you consider online stock trading, ouch, now that hurt my hiney hole.

This is just my humble opinion and I may go ahead and buy it.
Another option would be for the seller, who has just joined..... to post some pics, and a middleman wouldn't be necessary. Not saying the seller is a scammer.....at all, but not everyone can afford to lose 20 bucks

Hi,I would be interested in this laser(I would take it),but I am new to a Forum where there are this many scammers(I registered way back,but have not been here for a loooong while,I am on CPF most of the time.If I traded(on CPF),I would have a junior member(if in question)send me the item first,then I would send my end.I just do not understand how there are soo many scams here?If it is a purchase then Pay-Pal(bought item) should protect you.I have been on CPF(and Marketplace)for a few years,and have Never had a deal go bad.This is a new world for me.
Thanks,
Joe

Hi,I would be interested in this laser(I would take it),but I am new to a Forum where there are this many scammers(I registered way back,but have not been here for a loooong while,I am on CPF most of the time.If I traded(on CPF),I would have a junior member(if in question)send me the item first,then I would send my end.I just do not understand how there are soo many scams here?If it is a purchase then Pay-Pal(bought item) should protect you.I have been on CPF(and Marketplace)for a few years,and have Never had a deal go bad.This is a new world for me.
Thanks,
Joe

I don't think there are as many problems as you may be thinking. I've only encountered one problem where I was foolish and shipped the item out before receiving payment, because he said he cud pay the next day (I shipped it without telling him, assuming he'd pay the next day), but he never did. Aside from that, almost all the time, members on here are reliable.

The only other thing that may have caused problems is that many members on this forum aren't too old or mature yet (such as I myself and when I was first here - I am 17 now). This has been a problem for a few members dealing with youngsters who aren't responsible.

That is why Moderaters are there,to help weed out the bad seeds(bashing threads,and scamming).
Joe

Well we do have a whole section dedicated to "Trades feedback and dispute resolution" to help sort out any problems. People just have to be more responsible.

The trades feedback and dispute resolution section will do jack shit if one party has already escaped with the money. Every single "community backlash" attempt has ended in failure, including those that people have acquired the personal details of the scammer, because there is no legal recourse against the scammer. I'm actually surprised a lot of these scammers even return after they've performed their scam. Maybe it's to gloat, or maybe it's to find other marks for scamming.

So if you're going to deal with unknown sellers, make sure you have some recourse against them such as regular non-gift paypal payments, middlemen, or other methods. Don't rely on "rep" or post counts, they mean jack shit as well. "Oh but he had good rep" is an incredibly lame excuse for getting scammed.