Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ray Foss $12 Green safty glasses video

I just thought I should give a bit of praise to Ray Foss and there cheap but good Safety lenses.

I put together 2 videos of the Lenses killing the beam from my 66mW Green FLX.

For 12 dollars I dont think we can go wrong.
They fit my fat head without any discomfort lol

what a coincidence. I'm lardtazium posting on your vids. xD. do you happen to have a fancy energy measuring gizmo, so we can see how much is actually blocked out?

And how do their glasses compare to sunglasses?

No unfortunately I don't have anything to measure the beam through the RF glasses.

Sun glasses are just as bright as if there was no shield in the beams way...

With these glasses I cant see the beam and it blocks out the glare on a shiny ( wall) surface to be able to mesure the beam diameter ...

If you can sugest another way to show the difference let me know and I'll take a short video and post it up tonight.

But really you are safe using these glasses.

ZapU

It looks like there still is a dot showing through in the background on your video, more noticeable in the 2nd one, not stopping it completely.

It looks like there still is a dot showing through in the background on your video, more noticeable in the 2nd one, not stopping it completely.
yeah there is a tiny dim dot but don't the rest show something through the glasses? for 12 bucks they protect very well.

Have you seen the other safety glasses review?

the RF are just as good as the OEM glasses I seen. but thats MO. ;)

ZapU

yeah there is a tiny dim dot but don't the rest show something through the glasses? for 12 bucks they protect very well.

Have you seen the other safety glasses review?

the RF are just as good as the OEM glasses I seen. but thats MO. ;)

For under 100mW they are probably fine. If they let through 5% that would be 5mW to the eyes. I saw the reviews. There are goggles that don't let any light through. I have posted a link to some $27 Eagle Pair goggles that completely stop the beam from the Arctic.
O-Like has some that are $20 with $4 shipping
Dragon lasers has $25 glasses too, but the shipping adds $20.

For under 100mW they are probably fine. If they let through 5% that would be 5mW to the eyes. I saw the reviews. There are goggles that don't let any light through. I have posted a link to some $27 Eagle Pair goggles that completely stop the beam from the Arctic.
O-Like has some that are $20 with $4 shipping
Dragon lasers has $25 glasses too, but the shipping adds $20.
Those O-like glasses are the same as I have but more expensive.

DrSid

I could recommend these:

Professional Anti Green Laser Glassess

Not a green photon through at 170mW. You can see small orange dot, but only when looking at the dot through the glasses. But they have poor packaging and some people received them broken .. also sometimes you get similar but different glasses, which are useless. They might actually be good even against 445nm, but it has not been verified. They for sure works great on blue LEDs.

Beware, this is only good thing at focalprice, check my signature for one of their lasers review.

I could recommend these:

Professional Anti Green Laser Glassess

Not a green photon through at 170mW. You can see small orange dot, but only when looking at the dot through the glasses. But they have poor packaging and some people received them broken .. also sometimes you get similar but different glasses, which are useless. They might actually be good even against 445nm, but it has not been verified. They for sure works great on blue LEDs.

Beware, this is only good thing at focalprice, check my signature for one of their lasers review.

I have 2 sets of these glasses and they work extremely well. Even with my 1 Watt Spartan, the amount of light the passes through is less then the amount of light that my 1mW red pointer puts out! And that's a direct up-close beam. If your doing some burning and the dot is very intense and up close, you can per-sieve some blue color, but its still seams very dim.

My 120mW 532nm Laser does not get through at all.

The protection on the side is very nice too, they have a very nice FOV

DrSid

I love to hear that .. which means I'm ordering another two pairs. Let's hope I'll get lucky again ! What is 1W laser good for if you can't show it to anyone ?