Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Random Laser Pics using my new 10.2 mp camera

i just felt like you guys would enjoy ;)

It may be a crappy camera but hey, im not complaining. Its a Sony Alpha 200.

The lasers used were a DX ultrafire 20mW along with Daigun's Blu-ray and Red Burner kit

These Files are VERY large images.

Also, i added a pic of the crystal i used "its at the end"

DSC01857.jpg

DSC01858.jpg

DSC01862.jpg

DSC01863.jpg

DSC01864.jpg

DSC01865.jpg

DSC01867.jpg

Zom-B

Just like I thought, these "very large images" are scaled up by a factor of 2 inside the camera. My HP 975 camera does the same, even to the same pixels.

To be precise, if you take only the pixels at even X and odd Y coordinates, then the image is 4 times smaller yet no details are lost at all.

In photoshop, this can be done using these three steps: flip horizontal, resize to 50% with nearest neighbor, flip horizontal again. In paint shop pro, flip vertical instead as the resize algorithm is different.

I placed a grid over the important pixels in your photo to show you what I mean: All pixels that are crossed are original and the others are interpolated.
camera_zoom.png

Those few pixels that seem original and are not crossed, are jpeg artifacts.

so is that a good thing or a bad thing? lol. and my next camera im purchasing is going to be a cannon rebel XSI "does that do the same thing?"

my camera seems to do the same thing, at full resolution (3072x2304 in my case) the images are no longer sharp due to the interpolation - but takes pictures at 1600x1200 and they look great

it's a Samsung Digimax A7

Switch

So basicly what this is, is false advertising? :-/

Anyway, totally sweet photos! And cool cristal. :D

and would this pixel blurriness thing have to do with with fact that i used a 1/2 sec exposure time? and should i set my cam to RAW format from now on to avoid jpeg artifacting?

Nice pics and lasers :)

I have the same camera and its actually prety good.
I would recomend using RAW or JPEG and RAW setting
and we can use minolta a mount lenses that you can buy off
ebay ;) , yet to try that out.