Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Radio Controlled Bullets

I was reading a story in newscientist about a new rifle that uses a laser range finder to make the bullets explode at a certain distance. it was a pretty cool story i thought, just goes to show how much technology is taking over the battlefield. with robot sentry's already being out there im sure we will see robot soldiers in our lifetime. Anyways figured i would share.

smartbullet.jpg

"The rifle's gunsight uses a laser rangefinder to calculate the exact distance to the obstruction. The soldier can then add or subtract up to 3 metres from that distance to enable the bullets to clear the barrier and explode above or beside the target"
:tinfoil:

http://www.newscientist.com/article...ontrolled-bullets-leave-no-place-to-hide.html

Cool.

Too bad they're investing in stupid things like these to kill other people instead of funding scientific research for real evolution :(

I saw something similar to this on "MODERN MARVELS" "BATTLEFIELD TECH" only instead of a rifle, the soldier was using a 40mm grenade launcher, with the same laser rangefinder. NOWHERE TO RUN, NOWHERE TO HIDE.

D

Deleted member 8382

Cool.

Too bad they're investing in stupid things like these to kill other people instead of funding scientific research for real evolution :(
i agree 100% on this. I bet they spent hours and hours for this while I doubt this is going anywhere, 3 meters more or less isn't practical >.>

I got my shop robbed during Xmas...
and if I had seen the theft...
I would not have hesitated to use one one of those R/C bullets....
Let alone anything else..................................

I pitty the poor bastards that will try that again...

Jerry

D

Deleted member 8382

I got my shop robbed during Xmas...
and if I had seen the theft...
I would not have hesitated to use one one of those R/C bullets....
Let alone anything else..................................

I pitty the poor bastards that will try that again...

Jerry
:crackup:

I imagine the scene, he with a machine gun and making them explode with a huge laser

:crackup:

Jerry + MiniGun (Gatling Gun) = Laserbee Power Meters and Thieves flying into pieces.

:crackup::crackup::crackup:
:lasergun:
:crackup::crackup::eg:

Jerry

Jaseth

These kinds of inventions make me nervous. I like to be able to think I could hide or run from an attacker with conventional methods, even if I am never going to need to. The thought that nowadays they could track me with heat-sensitive cameras and then blow up a laser-guided bullet in my face while I catch my breath around the corner is not pleasant.
Peace and love :wave::gh: