Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

R608-A 650nm Adjustable Focus Red Laser

R608-A 650nm Adjustable Focus Red Laser Pointer Laser torch ASTRONOMY MILITARY- from ebay

R608 A 650nm Adjustable Focus Red Laser Pointer Laser Torch Astronomy Military | eBay

i ordered this little red ebay laser a while back and it finally came in the mail,

id say the laser is pretty good for the price, it is labeled at 5mw but i asked the seller for the true power and they said 200mw and id say thats pretty accurate.

the host feels solid and it is very easy to focus, the laser feels sturdy and produces a nice beam and dot, the only time you see line in the dot is when you walk up to the dot when it, but not when you shine it.

the beam can be seen indoors without smoke, and outside as well.

it is probably a bit brighter than a 5mw green but way less than a 100mw green and incomparable to a 1600mw blue

the dot goes very far and has great divergence, ill try to mesure it later.

overall id say its a pretty good red laser if you need a really cheep burner,

i will see how long it lasts and if this laser holds up for a year or more id say its a great deal.
it could be luck but i have also heard others say good things about this seller

200mw red laser at beach - YouTube
beamshots at the beach

200mw Red Laser pops balloon - YouTube
the balloon test

200 mW Red Laser lights match - YouTube
the match test

200mw red laser dot with line through it - YouTube
the dot- with the line, what causes this?

Last edited:

Ive ordered a few of mines from laserbest. Hes pretty profesional and quick to resolve any issues that may arise. Ive had my 405nm for a few months with no issues and the red i ordered is exactly like yours. Not bad for less than 40 bucks imo...

if you got a friend who wants to get into laser burning and is not sure about spending much this laser would be great, chances are when it breaks he will be so into lasers that he will want a new better one lol

Not too bad.
Pretty nice starter laser I'll say.
+1 from me.

As for the line problem.... perhaps its a multimode laser?