Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

R.i.p

jakeGT

my first killed diode, it was a wonderful a140 445 diode from DTR, it was my second personal diode in my second personal build. It lived a good life, staying nice and warm and cozy over at Jordan's house in his nice warm projector. Then it took a new flight in life. It came in a tiny little cramped up place called an envelope. Inside it's brother aixiz module, they stayed warm in there anti-static baggie and tons of bubble wrap. Then what a glorious day! It came outside into the open world again and was going to be part of an epic journey. a 1.3W 445 laser! But I pulled him out got him ready, and he said OHHHH NO!!!!! too much heat! no heat shrink tubing! don't let my pins touch and short! NOOO!!!

then it's beloved life came to an end shortly and abruptly.
R.I.P A140.
We shall remember 1/24/11:angel::angel::angel:

I've said it before & I'll say it again, I hate the obituaries section. I am truly sorry for your loss JakeGT, I feel your pain. If I may mourn alongside you, I killed a drlava V5 flexdrive today :( Tonight may be the first in awhile, where I don't shine one of my HPLs out the window into the dark, freezing sky as a result of this terrible tragedy. I bow my head alongside yours.........

BUT I was thinking (tomorrow, when it's all better) of taking the large, square gem out of some crappy ol sports ring & mounting the driver into the shell - creating the 'this will get anyone laid' V5 Flexdrive Ring!!! Look out eBay and look out ladies.... there could be a future for your exotic pleasures and for our dead laser components :beer:

For now though JakeGT, let us share this moment of nanometerless silence together :can:

Last edited: