Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Quick Video of a 40W CO2 Laser

That's pretty cool. Seeing something like glass smoke like wood makes me feel all gooey inside.

Asherz

Very cool laser :) +rep

The "lets burn some data on this cd" made me laugh :)

alf638

I think you used a little bit to much power to write to that poor DVD :cryyy:.
Anyway, THis is the 40W ebay tube right? I have been planning to buy one for quite a while and will when I have money again.
+1 for a great video of an even better laser.

Arayan

One of the best video I've ever seen on the CO2 lasers with included explanations :topic:

DJNY

Very fine video man.

Who is the girl burning the candy? :D

Very nice laser and demonstration, is very powerful.

But watch your fingers ;)

Indeed a verry good ,fun ,entertaining video but FrothyChimp's videos are always like that :)
+ the blues i love ( +rep)

nice work :D

HIMNL9

@Arayan: more like a 12W RF tube pushed a bit to 18W, if i recall correctly ..... still enough for some serious flame starting, so careful, if you're planning to build one ;)

I got times ago one of these tubes, as "bad" component from a machine i repaired ..... the "bad" one have less efficence than the good ones, so it's a bit ruined (probably exhausted, i don't know nor i have any way for check and refill it), but still push out 5W easily enough ..... never had the time for start to build something around it, til now, but probably one of these days :eg: :eg: :eg:

Arayan

@Arayan: more like a 12W RF tube pushed a bit to 18W, if i recall correctly ..... still enough for some serious flame starting, so careful, if you're planning to build one ;)

is not in my plans, for now, I just collecting money for a pointer (593 nm, 1 mW) for presentations :D