Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Quick refresher question

ctr

I just want to get a few things straight before I mess anything up. First most linear drivers eg, the mohgasm or the groove use a higher Vin than a boost driver such as a flex, so say for example I would need 2 cr123s for a linear driver to drive a 445nm diode and only 1 16850 if i used a boost driver ?:thinking: Also I read alot on here how some people use the case pin or solder it to the negative pin on the diode, is there a reason for this. My build is going to be case negative so just wondering if it was needed. Thanks in advance Matt
Heres a pic to help clarify exactily what my set up is going to be for both lasers providing the driver and battery combo are correct.. Let me know any thoughts or comments because im still a little lost on the case pin and the gnd of the driver board.
Edit: I just soldered both board -'s to the pill with a small piece of wire and left the case pin alone.
c6laserbuild.png

Last edited:

Blord

first question : Yes
second question : The reason is less wires in the host, but I personally solder every wire to the connecting driver. Just make optimal contacts betweens the connections.
The connections host-->heatsink-->Aixiz module-->diode isn't always good.

Last edited:
I also solder all wires to the driver.
One more wire doesn't take up that much more space...

Blord

The battery - and the diode c should be connected and therefore you can use the diode c to connect the driver gnd. And the electrical circuit is close.

The same applies to the second scheme. In this case the Flex gnd and - are already connected on the pcb. So you can connect c and - pin on the diode side.

Personally I connect directly a wire between battery - and driver gnd. The electrical path thu the diode isn't always solid.