Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Quick, easy way to mount Aixiz mod in mini-mag

I was looking for an easy way to mount my aixiz module in my mini-mag light without having to do too much modification. Looking in my toolbox "junk" drawer, I found an old Coax cable weather boot. It fits perfectly over the Aixiz housing, and it pops into the head of the mini-mag light very nicely. It is easily trimmable to length, or you can leave it long if you want to fit any components in, as long as you don't mind it sticking out the front. I can't post a link, but they sell them at Radio Shack for $.99, just search for "coax weather boot". Obviously not a great choice for higher power, but for playing around with the $4 aixiz mod, it sure is quick and easy to mess with. Cheers.

Krutz

sounds good, even without seeing what exactly it looks like. making adapters and heatsinks for that is amazingly timeconsuming, so a quick and easy solution is a great thing!
well, you should perhaps not forget about plastic/rubber being a "good" heatblocker, and your aixiz wouldnt have any useful contact to the host to get rid of the heat..

--> dont drive that diode too hard, and/or not too long, perhaps!

manuel