Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Questions about inexpensive LPM's

I've always know about the radiant X4 being a decent meter and for some reason I can't find them. I will soon be wanting just a little inexpensive one like the X4 within a couple months. I know the cheaper ones aren't as accurate as say a Laserbee but can anyone recommend one? Or where to get an X4? I don't really wanna spend more than about 100-120 bucks for a first one. I appreciate all the help I can get, I also will be busy all day so I probably won't be able to respond back till tonight or tomorrow. I kinda always didn't really care to meter my lasers but recently I've started to wonder about them. Thanks again everyone for the help.

Sta

Take a look at Astralist's profile - he is selling the Hyperion Cuprum LPM for $75! That's a great price and it should work for all of your lasers. :D

Take a look at Astralist's profile - he is selling the Hyperion Cuprum LPM for $75! That's a great price and it should work for all of your lasers. :D

Oh awesome, I will definitely do that, thanks a lot Sta.

Yes, astralist has a good thing going, but last time I read the thread I think he was having PayPal problems. Though that was a while ago.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/hyperion-laser-power-meter-sale-2w-6w-version-98208.html

I don't have any of his meters but I downloaded the software he's got developed for it and it's really cool. You should check it out!

AFAIK, the X4 was discontinued :/

Thanks again EP, that's good news. I actually figured something happened to the X4 since I tried to order one about 2 months ago and had no luck. So Hyperion is the way to go :D

The X4 was discontinued quite a while ago..
They did one production run.... when the
stock was gone they stopped selling them.
Heard there was a problem with the sensor
coating not holding up to the claimed 3.7W.

You may find a used one on eBay or maybe
a member here that wants to upgrade his
LPM.

If you're on a budget you can always try to
build a DIY LPM... Here's a link to a few projects.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f70/diy-laser-power-meter-projects-71234.html#post1026292

Jerry

Trevor

Heard there was a problem with the sensor
coating not holding up to the claimed 3.7W.

May want to provide sources for statements like that. With unsubstantiated claims, you run the risk of people thinking you made it up! :yh:

Trevor

Last edited: