Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Question regarding laser history

also, my mother wants to know,

do they do surgery with lasers to parts other than the eye? is it open surgery or closed?

thanks

amk

laser scalpels are common place now in many operations, as they cut the flesh and caurterise the wound to stop bleeding at the same time.

Jase

They have started using lasers for many medical practices. I have heard of testing lasers to clean teeth at dentists.

Lol are you trying to explain to your mom that lasers arent just for burning stuff but there for important medical practices and are highly usefull in society lol... Ive been there, Then after awhile I could finaly make my own diy ;D

Heres a website about the many uses of lasers in medicne...
http://users.netconnect.com.au/~jackt/medicine.html

....lazer.....

Rasel

They are also use to burn... certain warts off.

The green beam, usually (set at around 50mW I think) has been found to stimulate healing for patients. This was found for things like athletic injuries or soreness... I'm not sure about other types of injuries... say from a bullet ;D

It's down to IR as well as other aspects of the laser. It's nothing new that you can get IR healers pretty cheap and use them to stimulate muscle pains and sores. A laser is far more concentrated. It's uses are pretty much limited to burning. With teeth it's used to burn away plaque.

Lasers also speed up the closure of a small open cut by using heat to speedup the clotting of platelets in the blood. This would be extremely painful unless practiced properly and by the right people (ie. not yourself).