Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

question on 612nm pricing

GR3EN

So there was a 612nm hene w/ power supply that just popped up on eBay. Long story short I purchased it on a whim. Wondering what they typically go for. It is outputting around 1.6mw multi-line apparently.

$300 - $600 probably at that output.

They are hard to find at any output for under $1000. But there are a few. It's more a matter of finding one for sale that isn't new, straight from the factory that makes it difficult.

I have a 4+mw I bought from Laser Sam - Not cheap.

If you are very patient and look carefully:

Greens you can pick up for $100+

Yellows I've seen go from less than $100 on up to typical $200-300

Orange - First one I was offered was $300 plus (low power)
When I didn't get it, someone else grabbed it right away.

That's my .02 - YMMV

Last edited:

GR3EN

$300 - $600 probably at that output.

They are hard to find at any output for under $1000. But there are a few. It's more a matter of finding one for sale that isn't new, straight from the factory that makes it difficult.

I have a 4+mw I bought from Laser Sam - Not cheap.

If you are very patient and look carefully:

Greens you can pick up for $100+

Yellows I've seen go from less than $100 on up to typical $200-300

Orange - First one I was offered was $300 plus (low power)
When I didn't get it, someone else grabbed it right away.

That's my .02 - YMMV

I paid $499 and its coming with the proper power supply and was metered and shows the multi line through diffraction via photo

Last edited:
I've talked with ultimatekaiser a few times about 612nm & finding one these days is pretty rare, so the fact you found one is amazing enough! Not only that, but it also comes with a power supply & costs only $500(about the price of a high powered 532nm laser).

Congrats!

-Alex

I paid $499 and its coming with the proper power supply and was metered and shows the multi line through diffraction via photo

I wouldn't complain about the price :) Not cheap but definitely worth the price. Congrats, post what you think of it when you get it.

Last edited:
I picked up a yellow laser once that turned out to be multiline, also spitting out 612nm. Paid $200 for it

But that's not a bad price at all for an orange HeNe! Post some pics when you get it :beer:

Last edited:

GR3EN

I picked up a yellow laser once that turned out to be multiline, also spitting out 612nm. Paid $200 for it

But that's not a bad price at all for an orange HeNe! Post some pics when you get it :beer:

The 594nm I'm waiting on is Hene as well. wonder if it will be multi-line as well. Wasn't much information on that one the 612nm though it seemed like the person actually cared about it and took the time to take photos of it working and the multi-line photo and power test it which doesn't happen often when looking through ebay.

Last edited:
That is true^ my seller told me the yellow was a single line, so I was pleasantly surprised :D