Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Question - Lazerer Lens Caps

So i got my Lazerer 445nm 1W today.

I opted for the 5 lens kit. It is pretty obvious what 4 of the 5 lens do (can someone say DISCO!) however, I am kind of miffed as to what the 5th one does. It doesn't appear to have any type of media in the center like the others do. The beam appears to be the same with and without this cap. Is it just for looks? Am I missing something?

so when this laser is advertised as being "focusable", how would one go about adjusting the focus?

Am i incorrect in saying that the most focused beam I am going to get is without any of the 5 caps on as the other 4 are divergance/splitting caps?

Use the part of the host that twists to change focus.

Not sure what you mean with your second statement.

I must be missing something obvious here because I could not get anything on the host to "twist" other than the tail section where the power switch is, and the lens cap if installed...

My second line meant: there is no single lens which is going to increase the focus of the beam. The only thing that will do that is the focus function of the host (which I guess I am too dumb to figure out!)

viking

post a picture of it

So i got my Lazerer 445nm 1W today.

I opted for the 5 lens kit. It is pretty obvious what 4 of the 5 lens do (can someone say DISCO!) however, I am kind of miffed as to what the 5th one does. It doesn't appear to have any type of media in the center like the others do. The beam appears to be the same with and without this cap. Is it just for looks? Am I missing something?

LZRFv2_445_2-640x480.jpg

See how there is kind of a ring/separation at the front, before the crenulations? That part turns...

The ring in the bottom left? Who would have known. It's a wonder Max doesnt send instructions or something with these...

Another off the wall question for anyone. The warning sticker that came with my 1W'er says "Output<1000mW" and "Class IVb". Is this sticker on there just because it is the generic warning sticker as mine is overspec in the ballpark of 1100 mW or something (forget the exact number)

The ring in the bottom left? Who would have known. It's a wonder Max doesnt send instructions or something with these...

Another off the wall question for anyone. The warning sticker that came with my 1W'er says "Output<1000mW" and "Class IVb". Is this sticker on there just because it is the generic warning sticker as mine is overspec in the ballpark of 1100 mW or something (forget the exact number)

I usually ask for my stickers on the side... and yes they are generic, and being chinese, usually incorrect :p