Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

question for the machinests

snypr

What brand of calipers are you guys using? any thoughts on Mitutoyo? I had a paid of digital Staretts go bad recently and am looking for another set.

I use non-digital MATUI calipers....like the big boys do...:D

Jerry

I haven't bought calipers in a good while, but Mitutoyo was the brand we used/recommended in the shop I worked in. The digital calipers are easier to read/use, but the dial calipers are more likely to be working when you pull them out of a toolbox after sitting for a year :)

HIMNL9

Only "BORLETTI" mechanical calipers, here ..... the ones with 1/20 mm divisions round quadrant (but i'm not a machinist, if this count something :p)

TTerbo

i use " KINCROME" digital vernia calipers

Last edited:
i use " KINCROME" gigital vernia calipers

I don't think they sell the gigital versions anymore :crackup:

Plus those are crap! This is for use with high precision jobs... a $95 caliper does not come close to a >$1000 Mitutoyo. BTW OP my father uses the 450mm Mitutoyo Digital Caliper for work. They are awesome!

TTerbo

-_-

They get the job done....thats what my pop uses when he makes my heatsinks and when he machines his work jobs....

I use the cheap digital HF CEN-TEC brand, the Mitutoyo are very good but for there price I can get three of these and since we arn't working on space ships or rockets here the $29.00 CEN-TEC's do a fine job with a toll of +/-.0005", I have two of them !

I use brown and Sharpe calipers and Mitutoyo micrometers, the digital ones crap out way too fast in most professional situations. There are probably 7 or 8 dead digital sets around here.