Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

question about the danger sticker

The color means nothing, although generally the manufacturers try and match the color to the laser - again, though, I've seen stickers with a red beam that said "532nm" right on them, so really, it's just a matter of what color they feel like making the sticker.

The color of the warning sticker doesn't matter. The original laser warning label always used a red beam no matter what color the laser really is. Recently some companies have changed the beam color on the label to match the actual laser color.

What about yellow lasers? Yellow ink on a white background would be hard to read... even worse, the 7-color white lasers!! LOL Okay, they could just make the background black, but I just know somewhere, someone will make a "fail" label eventually... :D

Robert

93shad

mine has a red dot, the standard danger logo, and an fcc compliance notice. THANKS OPTO

D

Deleted member 8382

The color means nothing, although generally the manufacturers try and match the color to the laser - again, though, I've seen stickers with a red beam that said "532nm" right on them, so really, it's just a matter of what color they feel like making the sticker.

Couldn't have said it better by myself

93shad

lol. yeah, i was worried about that too, but hey. optotronics making a red pointer?