Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Question about PayPal

RayJay

Hi,

I am selling to a member in Singapore and he is trying to send me a payment via gift and he says that there is no option to send as a gift.
Is this normal? And is there a way he can send the payment as a gift?
I have heard that some people in China can't accept/send gift payments? Would this be the same for Singapore?

Thanks guys.

Last edited:

Hi,

I am selling to a member in Singapore and he is trying to send me a payment via gift and he says that there is no option to send as a gift.
Is this normal? And is there a way he can send the payment as a gift?
I have heard that some people in China can't accept/send gift payments? Would this be the same for Singapore?

Thanks guys.

I think that people outside the US can not do that anymore. I can not send payments as gifts too and I am from Israel.

:beer:

Things

Sending a payment as a gift means you have no protection if he scams you, not a good idea.

RayJay

Sending a payment as a gift means you have no protection if he scams you, not a good idea.

Lol, its actually the other way around. He's sending to me.

Also, the only reason I am asking for it as a gift is it's being sent to my Gf's new paypal account and if it is sent any other way than gift it gets held up for 30 days as its a new account.

Also, sorry about the double post.. I thought your post was after my last one.

Last edited:

Grix

It is not called "gift" anymore, but he should have the option of sending it as a "personal payment" or "payment owed" which is basically the same thing.

Last edited:

RayJay

It is not called "gift" anymore, but he should have the option of sending it as a "personal payment" or "payment owed" which is basically the same thing.

Ok, I will let him know. He also sent me some screen shots and none of them had any other option. It did it automatically?

I know they are all reversible. Hence why I sent the items registered with tracking, signature and return signed card by receiver delivery confirmation.

Also, I have a "gift" option.
Screenshot32_zpsef63fdb5.png

Last edited:
In the UK and France there are still gift options, you just have to pay for the privilege ie they charge a fee for sending gift payments...:tsk:

When I sold to a member in Singapore, that's how it was. Not really a big deal in the end, just have to account for fees

Here In NZ the options are quite limited, When People tell me to send payment as a "Gift" I Select "Send Money to family or friends" and I Have to Pay Fees
But when they are keen to accept the fees I Select "Im Paying For goods or services"
Even If they dont want to accept the fees i prefer to add fees on top and still select "Im Paying For goods or services" just to give me some sort of protection,
hope that helped in some way?
lpf1.pnglpf2.png

Here you can send payment to family or friend. Some people want that when purchasing from a private individual so that the PayPal fee is bypassed. I went to do this for a forum member recently and PayPal was going to charge a fee anyway, I guess they are in business to make MONEY!