Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Question about Nova

I ordered a X150 from Nova this Sunday and I was wondering do they send out "Order Shipped" emails when they ship them? Or do they mention it somewhere on the Previous Order pages. Also do I have anything to worry about as far as US Customs go? I shipped the package via US Airmail. Thanks in Advance.
-EW

Ok, I got a confirmation that the payment was received, but I didn't get a shipping confirmation when I ordered from them. My package (which was just a pair of goggles) arrived within a few days, so I don't think it was halted by customs or anything.

Ah, thanks so that clears one thing up at least., but has anyone ordered a laser in the US lately from Nova and received it without a problem? I guess I am just a paranoid person when it comes to this. Especially when my dad is the one who payed for it. :p That also reminds me I should probably buy a pair of safety goggles.

Earthworm401 said:
Ah, thanks so that clears one thing up at least., but has anyone ordered a laser in the US lately from Nova and received it without a problem? I guess I am just a paranoid person when it comes to this. Especially when my dad is the one who payed for it. :p That also reminds me I should [highlight]probably [/highlight]buy a pair of safety goggles.
You MUST buy goggles if you even think about turning the laser on indoors or burning anything. Even my 5mW laser appears very bright when shined close.

Nova Guarantees that it will pass customs or they will replace your laser and send it again.
The only risk is that someone at the post office will screw up and lose your package. But that's not too likely.
My package arrived without a problem. That was in January I think.
Don't be so paranoid; everything will be fine.
I don't think they send out confirmation e-mails, but if you get TNT shipping you can get a tracking number.

RossUK

Mine arrived today apparently (I'm at work atm). There was no confirmation email, but sent nova a message and they confirmed they shipped it the day after my order.

Completely forgot about customs charges, a lovely £30/$60 extra for me... :mad:

At least it made it OK :)

RossUK

Well I'm home so here's a mini-review:

First thing I noticed was the power it was putting out, 128.1mW peak and 120.3mW average. I'd expected maybe 105-110mW from my x100 but this is awesome! :eek:

This is my first CNI, and I would say I prefer the look and feel to my Nexus, it has a quality feel about it.

You can see the beam even in a well lit room and really well in a semi dark room, I can tell this is going to look awesome when I point it at the sky tonight :)

What can I say? Probably more powerful than the average WL Fusion 125mW, nearly $200 cheaper and has a nicer case.

:D