Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Question about goggles before i order

LtMazz

Hello Last night i ordered a 150mw greenie from rayfloss.com. Today im trying to pick some goggles so i dont go blind, There are so many choices tho, I wanna go with AL3 - KTP, Argon, Blu Ray Protection AL3 - KTP, Argon, Blu Ray Protection [NR-AL3-EN207] - $74.80 What do ya guys think would these be good for my green, it is IR filtered asked faona to put one in so i dont gotta worry about that. Also would these be good for a blu-ray laser too. It looks like it to me but i wanna be sure before i buy em. Since i plan on building one next.

Any other suggestions around that price are welcome too, Oh and i heard theres a coupon code for people from LPF to use at OEM Laser Systems anyone know anything about that?

Thanks alot
LtMazz

i can sell u a pair of OPTOTRONICS SAFTEY GLASSES FOR 20.00 46.00 NEW

Last edited:
Hello Last night i ordered a 150mw greenie from rayfloss.com. Today im trying to pick some goggles so i dont go blind, There are so many choices tho, I wanna go with AL3 - KTP, Argon, Blu Ray Protection AL3 - KTP, Argon, Blu Ray Protection [NR-AL3-EN207] - $74.80 What do ya guys think would these be good for my green, it is IR filtered asked faona to put one in so i dont gotta worry about that. Also would these be good for a blu-ray laser too. It looks like it to me but i wanna be sure before i buy em. Since i plan on building one next.

As far as I know OEM Laser Systems is a very trusted source for goggles, as they test their products (hence the graphs). Those particular goggles should provide adequate protection for both green and blu ray lasers.

LtMazz

Well i placed my order now the fun part waiting on the goggles and laser!

Well not only does it have a graph but they have an EN207 rating so they are ANSI (FDA) and CE certified. I know that CE ratings require a sample to be sent to the certifying body for independent testing.

ninja_tux: those graph are just general graphs for these goggles, they don't have to make those graphs themselves.
But the important stuff: the 488-540nm R3 rating. These goggles are EN-207 certified, which is kinda my favorite standard, it tells what power levels the goggles can resist for at least 10 seconds without lowering the protection in case of a direct hit. There are tables what power and energies are allowed with each rating, but the R3 (or L3) already tells that it's at least OD3.