Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

question about eBay.....

Hey im currently in a situation here. I bid on an knife and i realized it wasn't the knife i wanted. So i contacted the seller to see if he will remove the bid. I am the highest bidder and i am the "only" bidder which means i have the starting bid. The seller says he does not know how to remove the bid so i sent him instructions on how to do it.... I made sure i was very nice, helpful, and apologized about the accident multiple times. The seller was very fast to respond to questions about the item after i bid but now i feel as if he/she is ignoring me. The seller is not responding. What can i do to get the bid removed?

Thanks,
Jeff

If the seller is unable to cancel the bid, you can try to go through bid retraction. I've had to do it twice when someone used my computer for their ebay purchases under my account (I log out of ebay after all sessions now). Took a couple of minutes, but was able to get all the errant bids retracted.

It's been a while since I've done it (at least a year), so what I'm reading here looks like they've changed things a little, but not too much.

Good luck regardless.

ill give it a shot. im going to wait a little longer to see if the seller responds. If not ill be forced to try and retract the bid myself

oh wow that was easy. I hope i dont have to do that again. I selected "cannot contact seller" and it automatically retracted my bid.

Thanks for the help everyone.

oh no the seller can :). i actually had to have another bid removed by the seller because it was marked as local pickup only. It was a 42 inch tv and it would have costed well over 100$ to have it shipped to my door. The seller thankfully canceled that bid.... im glad i didnt have to buy that o_O