Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Question about Continuous Wave and Pulse

Sajo

Hello dear forum memebers.

I tried searching the forums, but I got some odd search-results.

When a company list their laser as this:

"Output Mode: CW+PULSE."

What does it mean exactly? - Does it mean that the beam operates with both pulse and continious wave? Does this mean that it modehops?

What exactly am I to understand by "CW+pulse"?

I'm looking to buy a laser from JetLasers.net, more specifically it's the 532 nm model found here: Jet Lasers Photonics Devices Co., Ltd

Your efforts are much appreciated, thank you. :)

//Sajo

I'm pretty sure it means, either pulse mode or CW output. Just like the arctic...

Sajo

I'm not sure I follow, when you say "pulse mode or CW output. Just like the arctic..." as I am a complete newbie x).

The way I'm reading it, it looks like your saying that I get a laser that either has CW or pulse mode? - Doesn't make sense to me :O

Or is that you get a pulse-mode laser, if you buy one of the higher output ones?
Or is it that it swaps from CW to pulse-mode when it get's overheated?

Any help is much appreciated, and thanks for the input bobhaha.

Haha, it means that you can turn it on momentarily, in bursts, peaks, or whatever you want to call it.

AND you can also turn it on continuously. So basically you can EITHER use pulse mode or continuous mode with the same laser.

Specs say that the duty cycle is five and a half minutes on continuous mode. When you go past that, I'm not sure if it automatically shuts off or it dims or starts to blink, letting you know that it's overheating.

Don't worry, you'll get used to these terminology.

Cheers! :beer:

Sajo

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohkay! - Well, that's even better than any of my assumptions, or best guesses :D.

Thanks for clearing it out ryansoh3 x)

Sajo

Thanks x).

Gonna order the laser - seems to be very naiz.

I will also be making my first review, once I get it ^^.

Thanks again.

They don't mean pulsed in the laser sense of the word. Technically, it will only run in CW.