Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Quality of Red 250mW lasers

Can someone please check the ebay vendor "zonestealth" and tell me if his red lasers are any good?

thank you,
Mike

S

SenKat

Hey - email me an auction link - stonergl@gmail.com

BTW - did you see the AWESOME reds I am selling in the for sale section ? one year warranty, and all that jazz ! {Another shameless plug}

S

SenKat

Okay - for everyone else's education - that module has been seen around some, and it is not a DPSS red as stated in the tite of the auction. I am a little leary of that model if it doesn't burn, as a 250 should OBLITERATE a match instantly

S

SenKat

Well, the 250 is not putting out 250mw if it will not incinerate stuff instantly...I do not know about the 100mw one. I can offer to test anyone's lasers or laser modules that they have if you cover shipping. I can film the test, too if you want....I live in Texas, zip code of 78260 if you want to see how much shipping would be....

Not sure if they are bad, but I wasn't happy with the quality of the beam, 15 feet away the dot was an inch across. Also in the auction it stated the focus was adjustable, but can't seem to find a way to adjust it. There are two little pin size wholes near the lense which I thought you could insert a tool to turn for adjustment, but the lense will not turn.

The laser also has 4 leads, Red, Black, White and Blue. So the red is positive and black is negative. I have no experience with TTL operation so I have no idea what the other leads are for... possible modulation or rapid on and off switching?

Please let me know how your module pans out.

Thank you.

Senkat, can I send you my module and test it our for me? Be more then happy to pay for shipping.

Thank you

S

SenKat

WantItToBurn said:
Senkat, can I send you my module and test it our for me? Be more then happy to pay for shipping.

Thank you

PM sent - horrible typos and all ! :cool:

Gazoo

I had almost bought the 250mw module form zonestealth and now I am glad I didn't. The only reason I didn't is because SenKat put up his 200mw for sale and I am very happy with it and have no regrets. It's awesome.

The best deal IMHO will be the lasers in our group buy. Anyone considering a red laser should jump in on the deal. We will know what we are getting before we receive them, this is what I like best. And with a 1 year warranty, it makes the deal real sweet.

Honestly I wish I would have found this forum earlier! I've been really interested in lasers ever since 1991 where I tried to build an organic dye laser from one of the old amateur scientist article I found in my high school library. I even had a few HeNe Lasers in the mid 90's where I even played with holography. A few years went by and all the sudden there were cheap lasers everywhere...

Anyways, SanKat I sent you the laser and it should arrive on Monday :) it also has a return label so you can send it back whenever you can. I hope UPS is ok.

Thanks againm, can't wait to see the results of this module.

S

SenKat

Very cool - I will definitely get it tested and back to you, ASAP ! :cool:

Just wanted to let everyone know, SenKat tested the laser , its under powered as expected. It was suppose to generate more then 250mW at 650nm when in fact the maximum output was less then half at 110mW. Also, the description stated it was a DPSS laser when in fact it's a diode with a collimated lens. I know, stupid on my part, but I learned the hard way.

After a few exchanges of email, and a threat to enter a claim on ebayl, he finally gave in and offered a refund on the purchase.

Beware of Zonestealth on ebay.

I'd like to thank this SenKat and this forum, I wish I would have found it earlier :)

S

SenKat

No probs, man - glad I could help you out, and all you are out of pocket on is the shipping, right ? *WHEW !*