Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Put batteries in the wrong way

I accidentally put the batteries in my 2W build the wrong way. The laser has way less of an output now and I was just wondering if I would have to replace the driver or the diode or both? The build has one of lazeerers x-drives in it.

Is the current draw the same? You'll probably have to end up swapping driver and/or diode to see which one failed.

Most likely just the driver is messed up. Send it to Lazeerer to take a look at.

Don't use it in the meantime.

Last edited:
I actually did this before with a 1W 445 build. The laser had a micro boost and the driver died. The diode was okay though.

Pman

I admit to doing that once but got lucky and nothing bad (at least not yet) happened. It's the reason why I put a - mark with permanent marker on the inside of the tail-cap if necessary and always look before I put a battery in.
Also almost made a mistake and put (2) 16340's in place of an 18650 once but just caught myself before switching it on realizing I couldn't remember if it took 2. Now I have everything about each unit written down and in the cases so I can check first (gets confusing when you have so many :) Good problem right:rolleyes: