Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Purchasing off a banned member

I recently got in contact with a member(whom I will not mention) about purchasing a laser. Once they had been banned, I continued the conversation via e mail. To be cutting a story short, I purchased a 2.5W 445 in ms-ssw host for $250 dollars includying shipping to Buraidah. ALHMD the purchase went well and the laser was shipped 5 days ago. I have a notyfication from tracking that it is entered SA.
Should I be worried that item is not legitimate because the member is banned?
Or maybe item be damaged?
Just to clarify the member was not banned when I started to ask about this purchase. Also I would like an a Advice if this is a value purchase as well.

P.s sorry for English :eek:

Many thanks
-H.Y

I think it depends on why the member was banned.

If it's a permaban, I think he/she can retaliate by sending a piece of junk and disappearing for good.

I do hope you used PP for protection. If everything goes as planned, I think it's a good purchase.

It would really depend on the person in question. If you are concerned, just ask a mod why they were banned. If it was for something like multiple accounts you probably don't have to worry!;) you could also have a look at their past posts and try to gauge what sort of person they are. There will be a lot you can tell from your personal dealings with them too! Good luck :beer:

Was this member a female and located in the UK? If so I know the laser in question but if not then its 100% irrelevant.

Was this member a female and located in the UK? If so I know the laser in question but if not then its 100% irrelevant.

they weren't female. They were a kid in their teens with an ALT. Found his twitter and everything. I seemed to be the only one around here who felt it was as plain as the nose in front of your face; I can probably spot these things almost too easily as I did it when I was young and stupid (the ALT thing, I've never scammed anyone). I brought it to the attention of ped and whaddaya know a week or so later both accounts got banned...

Last edited:
You should have found out why the member was banned.

Laser83 was banned a month or so back for scamming me. So I hope for your sake its not him.

I actually think it is in your best interest to let u know who it is. We can better help you and I doubt anyone will hold it against you.

:beer:
-Matt

Its not hard to find out why someone was banned. There is a banned member thread after all. I ALWAYS check it when it has a new member added and to see why they were banned. Its actually kinda fun, especially if you knew of the member and can go back and track the down fall ;)

ALHAMD MY LASER ARRIAVED TODAY this morning! I am much pleased that it is in the good condition and all is working. The buttun however is sometimes not switching on the laser. I will make a review soon :)
Also, it glows even when its not switched on.
Livingloud. Pm coming your way