Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Purchasing advice for lumia art install

Upcoming art installation using aprox 10 low power lasers, all aimed at fixed points across a stage, each point has a 'lumia object' on it that each laser is aimed at. The beats from the music activate the lasers, each percussive instrument is assigned to an individual laser, the end result being a lightshow to the music, where each instrument has it's own visual fingerprint (lumia) flickering to the beat.

I think since there will be a lot of lasers flickering on and off around the room, having a lot of power is not necessary. i'm thinking since there will be so many little twinkling things around the stage that even a very low power laser might be fine. since we will be doing a lot of lumia stuff there's potential for a stray reflection to go somewhere that is not the stage, for that reason i'd love to use low power lasers so that i could get more creative and splash some lumia across the ceiling and the walls leading up to the stage.

and my primary reason for posting is that i'd like to purchase a bunch of lasers specificially for this task, and if they have analog control instead of TTL that would be good. i presume that having analog lasers quickly fading intensity in and out (using envelopes from a modular synthesizer) would make the beam a bit safer than a TTL beam going full on to full off.

would love thoughts on my idea, whether using analog in this instance really does help to make it a bit safer or not, and where i could purchase lasers from and feel confident that they are the spec that i need, and have built in jacks for a 1/4 or 1/8 cable from my synth would be a huge plus. i plan on purchasing a power meter before i do this installation and my other project ideas as well, but i still would love to source lasers from a place that has a good reputation for delivering the spec you need, especially for a lumia environment concept like this.

Safer?

IMHO the words 'cheap', 'analog',& decent do not belong in the same sentence.

and pretty much no way to get an ILDA analog RGB PJ for less than~$ 800.

Scan angles may not work like you think for LUMIA.

I suggest you add your location into your profile =as where you live can make a huge diff. upon help/advice we offer.

also you will get, aside from LUMIA going where you want will also reflect of the surface of you LUMIA glass and can go places you may wish to avoid.

Prolly the best to ask about LUMIA is 'Clickamouse'......hak
PM me if you want.