Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

pseudonomen137

It's ironic how the crusader against scammers turns out to be a scammer himself!

Back in May I ordered a 170mW greenie from him and it turned out to be underpowered. I returned it and he sent me another unit that turned out to be underpowered as well with terrible thermal stability (it lost over half its power in under 30 seconds in an 80 degree room).

He verified that the first unit was underpowered but claimed the second was "in spec" even though he admitted there was a huge power drop once it heated up. Thus he refused to give me a refund.

2 weeks ago he claimed he had just received a suitable replacement with much better stability and he would soon ship it out.

I haven't gotten crap and now he won't respond to any email or private messages!

UPDATE (August 5th)

I just received a package from pseudo and couldn't believe what he had sent.

Not only did he send an extremely stable 165mW Nova, but he included a Nova case, a partial refund that exceeded what we had agreed upon, a pair of Wicked Shades, and an RPL battery! :)

Props to pseudo for finally coming through and including all the extra goodies.

Re: pseudonomen137 scammed me out of $425!

do you really need to post this in 4 different threads???

I think we get the picture. you're picky about your lasers and will flame if not happy...

There's a big difference between being picky and getting scammed.

I'm sure most people would be livid if they received 2 underpowered lasers in a row and then totally ignored after the seller promised to send a suitable replacement!

Do you have a power meter? How were they underpowered? As long as you get 30 seconds at or above the rated power then you're good to go. You cant expect to leave the thing on for 10 minutes and have it still hold within spec (unless it's a lab module of course)

If you want the specifics...

I have a Lasercheck and I was getting 110-130mW readings for the first laser. pseudo confirmed that it was underpowerd and said he was getting 125-135mW with his meter. So he shipped me a slightly used unit with some scratches since he didn't have any other +150mW greenies in stock.

I got 120-140mW peak readings for the second laser. In an 80 degree room with no prior use that day, it would drop to about 60mW in under 30 seconds (clearly unacceptable). pseudo said he got 170-172mW readings at room temperature with his new sensor and refused to give me a refund.

So it seems my Lasercheck may be off, but he also acknowledged in email, "Yes, I do see the huge power drops after it heats up and they are more pronounced than your typical pen unit."

I don't "expect to leave the thing on for 10 minutes and have it still hold within spec"... I just expect it to hold within spec at slightly warmer temperatures and after it heats up from a few 30 sec on / 30 sec off cycles.

I think either your meter or pseudonomen137's meter needs to be re-callibrated.

Razako

Lasercheck is crap. Mine is off by like 20% and it's only good for "in the ball park" readings.
Also you really can't expect a CNI penlaser to stay at peak output for long periods of time.

Anyone who now posts in this thread is henceforth deemed a jackass :p

oopsie.gif

daguin

pseudonomen137 said:
Anyone who now posts in this thread is henceforth deemed a jackass :p

Dost thou not suspect my place? dost thou not suspect my years?

O that he were here to write me down an ass!

But, masters, remember that I am an ass;

though it be not written down, yet forget not that I am an ass.

No, thou villain, thou art full of piety, as shall be proved upon thee by good witness.

I am a wise fellow,
and, which is more, an officer,
and, which is more, a householder,
and, which is more, as pretty a piece of flesh as any is in Messina,
and one that knows the law, go to;
and a rich fellow enough, go to;
and a fellow that hath had losses,
and one that hath two gowns and every thing handsome about him.

Bring him away.

O that I had been writ down an ass!

--Dogberry -- Much Ado About Nothing

daguin

pseudonomen137 said:
I was just asking for it eh? ;D

Just a little cultural interlude to allow me time to pick my nose while everyone is distracted ;)

Peace,
dave

daguin said:
[quote author=pseudonomen137 link=1217441848/0#10 date=1217727721]I was just asking for it eh? ;D

Just a little cultural interlude to allow me time to pick my nose while everyone is distracted ;)

Peace,
dave[/quote]

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !