Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

pseudonomen137

It's ironic how the crusader against scammers turns out to be a scammer himself!

Back in May I ordered a 170mW greenie from him and it turned out to be underpowered. I returned it and he sent me another unit that turned out to be underpowered as well with terrible thermal stability (it lost over half its power in under 30 seconds in an 80 degree room).

He verified that the first unit was underpowered but claimed the second was "in spec" even though he admitted there was a huge power drop once it heated up. Thus he refused to give me a refund.

2 weeks ago he claimed he had just received a suitable replacement with much better stability and he would soon ship it out.

I haven't gotten crap and now he won't respond to any email or private messages!

UPDATE (August 5th)

I just received a package from pseudo and couldn't believe what he had sent.

Not only did he send an extremely stable 165mW Nova, but he included a Nova case, a partial refund that exceeded what we had agreed upon, a pair of Wicked Shades, and an RPL battery! :)

Props to pseudo for finally coming through and including all the extra goodies.

Re: pseudonomen137 scammed me out of $425!

didnt you already post a topic about this? the scammers section would also be a good place to post. dont know if he did actually scam you or not though...

he didn't scam you. lasers are unpredictable and this shit happens. if anything he's just busy and/or doesn't want to deal with you cuz you're bein a dick about it. I don't see him on here a lot either so it's not just you. I bought a laser from him before that died the same day i got it. i told him about it and he sent me a new one that was overspec and better than the first one (while it lasted). He'll make it right don't even worry.

if anything he's just busy and/or doesn't want to deal with you cuz you're bein a dick about it.

HumanSymphony, you don't know what the hell you're talking about and need to STFU.

I've been more than patient and it's been over 2 months since I paid him. I see him post on LPF every day so there's no excuse for him to ignore my PMs and email.

It seems like pseudonomen137 is a pretty busy guy, he sells a fair amount of lasers and I wouldn't doubt he has a real life as well... give him some time, no one here has had any real problems with him that I know of.

DPSS lasers are finicky and unpredictable, and if they were dropped, banged, or jostled around in the mail their crystals could easily slip out of alignment... it's just the nature of the beast. Give the guy a chance to defend himself before posting this over and over again in every section of the forum.

What abadcaffeinetrip said. Telling people who do not share your opinion because they had a positive experience with pseudonomen to STFU will do nothing for your case, and makes you loose credibility. I agree that it's odd to see a person who owes you a laser post happily on a forum every day yet does not communicate with you. There could be several reasons for that however. And please do not crosspost.

However, keep your cool. Yelling at HumanSymphony won't exactly help your case.

I apologize for losing my cool, but he was the one who called me a dick.

Ace82

Did you know, that when you go eat at a fast food restaurant that when you eat in, you pay first so once you've already paid, then you are last priority and are literally stuck there to wait.  But in a drive thru, if it takes too long you can just drive off and not pay and they're stuck with your order, so they are first priority.  

So, ANY reseller will jump on the gun when it involves making a sell.  Although we are all human and get emotionally frustrated when a sell doesn't go right, it should be taken care of.  Because he already has your money, you are stuck with the wait.  All the new buyers have yet to pay, so he needs to jump on the gun to make their sell.  

Now, I can't speak for ANYBODY except for myself, (so please hold the STFU...  :p) but I imagine that he is not scamming you.  He probably is avoiding/ignoring you (as most resellers would in this type of case) but he is probably waiting on the right unit to arrive for you to complete YOUR sell.  But since he claimed he already had one and didn't ship it yet, might be a valid issue to make point of, especially if he hasn't responded as of why he didn't ship it/you didn't receive it.  Now, with this thread in 3 different topics, we shall sit back and wait his response. I'm sure everything will work out. ;)

Nah, I deserve this guys. I didn't scam him, but I do deserve the trouble - don't defend me. I have been busy and discouraged about the deal, still not a good excuse though. I'm at work right now but I'll get in touch with drjohnny later today. Thanks for the undeserved support from you guys

drjohny,
I think most of what needs to be said, already has been. I would however, like to add, I am sorry for your trouble, but this is no way of dealing with it. I have to point out that you were looking for a really-good deal when you bought from "pseudo", otherwise you would have bought from LaserGlo, or whatever. So things did not work out how you wanted, sometimes to get the "good-deal" there are a few bumps, if you want a full-time laser company service, maybe you should pony up the full-time laser company price?
Kudo's to Pseudo for finally addressing this publically and taking responsibilty. You know what all of this make me want to do? Take a chunk of my 401-k and send it to pseudo for one of those Prometheus 425mW, I will still take my chances, ;)
In the end, you have contributed 16 posts so far to this forum, how many are dedicated to slamming one of our members very publically across 3-threads??? [highlight]Edit:[/highlight] more than 3-threads, your posts are everywhere I look!, I am surprised you rep-points have not taken a hit yet. Maybe you should consider contributing to this great-forum in another way?
DH

Sorry guys, but again, please do not defend me - it doesn't feel right and I do not deserve it. drjohnny has done no less than I myself would have done had I been in his situation. I simply want to clarify that I am not scamming him. Other than that, what he says is true and he's just trying to get those details out in the open for his sake and for others. Please don't attack him for it as he doesn't deserve the blame - I do.

OK, I just emailed pseudo and I've given him a week to clear his name.

If he doesn't send the 160mW Nova replacement plus $45 by next week, it should be pretty obvious what's going on.

(The $45 is from the additional $20 I spent to ship back the underpowered units and Nova charges $400 for their X150 with free shipping).

I will send you back extra $ for my horribly long delay but it is not for the "shipping on underpower units". One of the units I sent was not underpower, and in fact I feel you owe me the shipping for that one, which balances out for the shipping you spent on the first unit that actually was underpower.

pseudonomen137 said:
Sorry guys, but again, please do not defend me - it doesn't feel right and I do not deserve it. drjohnny has done no less than I myself would have done had I been in his situation. I simply want to clarify that I am not scamming him. Other than that, what he says is true and he's just trying to get those details out in the open for his sake and for others. Please don't attack him for it as he doesn't deserve the blame - I do.

although i will not defend you in your apparent neglect of this specific sale.. i will say that it is an upstanding person who takes responsability for his transgresions and decides to "do the deed" and confront the issue to resolve it..

so i say "shame on you" for not handling your business on time, but also say "bravo" for owning up to your transgresion and deciding to make it right..

I distinctly remember the second laser losing half its power before 30 seconds was up at 80 degrees (with no prior use that day).

You wrote in an email, "Yes, I do see the huge power drops after it heats up and they are more pronounced than your typical pen unit."

So it may be "in spec" for the first 30 seconds in a cool room, but I don't see how such a huge drop in power is acceptable for a $425 laser once it heats up a bit.