Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PS3 Hacked; Exploit now released

I have my touch jailbroken, but what exactly is this? I don't have a PS3, so i'm not fimiliar with its interface

Hack PS3?

That dude obviously can some connections. Otherwise Sony would not litterary BRAG about having most secure console.

But that still doesn't place it in top selling 3rd generation console.
Wii proved yo do not need raw power to achieve popularity... inventive controller will do.

I tried both only for short time, but I am kind of divided...
PS3 - tried COD4 and GTA4 on it, and HOT DAMN graphics were unsurpassed at the time.
Wii - tried some demo boxing that came with it. Man, it was way more fun actually boxing in the air then moving nothing but thumbs.

PS3 actually does have SixAxiz move-sensing controller but I am yet to see a game that uses it.

In anyway, this news gives sense in participating in a public 'Win a PS3' game, for those who cannot afford to pay 100$ for a singel game.

Sam UK

many games use six-axiz GTA uses it, Burnout uses it ,nascar 09 uses it as dose killzone 2 !
look at the back of the game box.

Sam UK

sorry if i wrongly accused, to me it's a virus. may be some codeing causing the alarm.

sorry if i wrongly accused, to me it's a virus. may be some codeing causing the alarm.
It didn't say it was a virus when i downloaded it. Didn't say it was a virus when i scanned it. Looked at the code, nothing malicious. It's exactly what he says it is. It has also been confirmed by another popular dev.

Sam UK

ok, i went ahead and opened file and had a propper look. Think your rite, i take back what i said. This looks interesting, will get hold of a old ps3 as mine is newish, lol looks like something can be done with this. I know a guy who will know what to try with this. Will get back to this froum when i find somethong out and also post to site as requested by the author of this find.
:thinking:

Maybe it's a tethered hack and your ps3 won't boot back up unless you start it through the computer.
(this is a joke referring to the 3rd generation iPod touches if anyone is familiar with the tethered jailbreak)

D

Deleted member 8382

this man is a genius. I wonder how hasn't Sony offered him a job-

Sam UK

expensive hobby jail breaking stuff, nutter ! i see you around alot here, seams you like techy stuff. i was gonna post a stun gun post, build your own! :)