Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Protestors use lasers against police.

It's year old news, but I just found it. I'm telling you multiple watt laser rifles are the future. I don't think that riot mask blocks 532nm :umbrella:

I think the umbrella does tho.

Article-0-02CC464A000005DC-127_468x382.jpg

Muslim Youths Attack Greek Police With Laser Pointers (Islamists trying to overthrow Greece)

Greek rioters use lasers against police (2008 - meaning)

HIMNL9

^ With all that smoke (probably mace gas :p), and at night, it can also be just a 30mW one (i guess if it was a so visible beam in full day and clear air, it was enough power for vaporize the policeman head, LOL :crackup:)

Grix

Luckily it looks like the beam diameter was too wide to do any damage

Yeah that's what I figured, those chinese vendors sell 30-50mw also correct?

Silvershot, I like the quote in your signature:crackup:

its a revolution. I'm sure the founding fathers would've used lasers if they had them. lol.

This is really bad. Imagine if some terrorist group started making 12x 405nm or 200 mw greenie builds. They could distribute them to protesters, football hooligans and general malcontents.

The entire laser hobby system would be crushed.

Yeah that's what I figured, those chinese vendors sell 30-50mw also correct?

Silvershot, I like the quote in your signature:crackup:

One friend of mine bought a 100 mW greenie for just 30 euros. It looked like those greenies from DX :) They are crazy man they sell whatever electronic device you can imagine :p Oh and thanks for the signature compliment :p Thanks to Niko for the epic quote :p

Benm

Ah well, lasers can be used for any purpose... in case you would want to harm police forces i guess a YAG (or even CO2) would prove useful with minimal aid from a green or red targetting laser.

Then again, the concept of rioters using lasers does have merit - especiallly when the need is to destroy security cams, which can be very effective with any near-IR device.