Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

::Product shots:: Nedd opinions

Emc2

::product shots:: Need opinions/feedback

Ok guys/gals I appreciate your patience with my photos on this forum

Ok here are some product shots that may show up on the Optotronics webpage. Please give me your feedback.

Thanks.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Last edited:

Emc2

hahaha Pink battery.

What camera you use? macro shot?

I am using the Nikon D3 and the 85mm f/1.4 lens @ f/16 with a close-up filter. Three flashes were used.

Yeah the Pink battery rules! LOL.

My honest opinion is that I don't like the macro shot of the key lock assembly with the key next to it. I realize it's up very close, but there are too many blemishes at that scale. If it was still polished chrome it would be fine. The other shots are all great! Very nice work..

Last edited:
Great shots, but it looks like the 18650 isn't gonna do anything but flop around in the barrel at that angle (see what I mean?)...

The blemishes are a little too noticeable too, in the tailcap pics as well as the barrel - other than a few setup issues, the photos are phenom - great job!

Emc2

Great shots, but it looks like the 18650 isn't gonna do anything but flop around in the barrel at that angle (see what I mean?)...

The blemishes are a little too noticeable too, in the tailcap pics as well as the barrel - other than a few setup issues, the photos are phenom - great job!

Yeah I see, the reason is because the battery cavity is off center. It is not a straight shot down the tube but more like a 65/35 split. Not sure why but it is off center. Are any of yours like that?

Emc2

Get a good looking battery like one of those Juice ones :) Honestly though the pink battery just screams cheap chinese product to me

edit: These batts? AW's LiIon Batteries Sales Thread *Part 9* - CPFMarketPlace

btw change your thread title

I do have some AW batteries on order.... the pink battery is what Jack supplies with the laser. It is 2600mah with protection circuit. I know I did misspell the word "Need" in the title, I changed it in the edit but it did not change in the thread.

I bought the batteries from Lighthound in Houston, Tx
AW 18650 Protected 2600 mAh Rechargeable Lithium Battery - New Version

I also bought this charger
Ultrafire WF-139 Charger for 14500 / 17500 / 18500 / 18650 / RCR123 3.7 volt Lithium Battery Charger

-T

Last edited:
Yeah I see, the reason is because the battery cavity is off center. It is not a straight shot down the tube but more like a 65/35 split. Not sure why but it is off center. Are any of yours like that?

I couldn't tell you if that's normal, I'm a LaserGlow kinda guy (no RPL's as of yet - stressing "YET")

Seriously, these are great pictures though - is the screen printing on your RPL worn or just not super photogenic? If the latter, that's a shame because these really ARE good looking lasers...

Emc2

I couldn't tell you if that's normal, I'm a LaserGlow kinda guy (no RPL's as of yet - stressing "YET")

Seriously, these are great pictures though - is the screen printing on your RPL worn or just not super photogenic? If the latter, that's a shame because these really ARE good looking lasers...

What's up Brew? Thanks for the comments. The logo or wording on the laser body seems to be laser etched??? Not sure though, but it is not worn, the midtone gray is the way it looks and that is the way it came. The black body style has just a plain grip, it is smooth. I am sure you have seen them. I gueess because of the knurled texture of the body, the text does not show as well. It looks to be perminate though, it is not ink.

-Todd