Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Problems at LaserGlow?

Greetings All,

Does anyone know what (if anything) is going on at LaserGlow? I was browsing their site today, and they have an unusual number of items out-of-stock now, at least in their higher-power range. The scoripius, Orion, and Vega series all have 2-3 week delays, and most of the Aries power levels as well. The Hercules series seems to be the only ones they have on hand in any quantity. Supplier problems? Economic downturn? Political issues? new models coming out?

Inquiring minds want to know!

-Robert

Razako

They might be having problems with their supplier. The Vega/rigel lasers have almost doubled in price because of supplier problems.

Justin

The yellow lasers are an ongoing supplier issue that we are still working on... Price has gone up but I've been assured that we will have the Rigel and Vega series back again before the summer. The Aries are out of stock because our sales have been increasing like crazy and we can't keep up! We've got hundreds of them under production, but the more we make the more we sell... *sigh* I'm trying to keep up but there's nothing we can do with demand this high.

The Hercules are the only thing that we have overstocked right now, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a deal on some mid-level Hercules in the next month or so. (Please don't ask me for details! This is just a guess based on stock and sales, I don't know of anything specific.)

So, no problems here at Laserglow! Don't worry folks, we're just in a growth phase right now and it's taking a toll on our stock levels.

Hello Justin,

Glad to hear that business is booming! I was getting a little worried there for you guys...

I'm definitely in the market for a Herc but wanted to wait for a sale of some sort. Hopefully your guess will become reality and I'll be able to pull the trigger on a Herc purchase soon.

Thanks for replying to this thread!

-Robert

Justin said:
The yellow lasers are an ongoing supplier issue that we are still working on... Price has gone up but I've been assured that we will have the Rigel and Vega series back again before the summer. The Aries are out of stock because our sales have been increasing like crazy and we can't keep up! We've got hundreds of them under production, but the more we make the more we sell... *sigh* I'm trying to keep up but there's nothing we can do with demand this high.

The Hercules are the only thing that we have overstocked right now, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a deal on some mid-level Hercules in the next month or so. (Please don't ask me for details! This is just a guess based on stock and sales, I don't know of anything specific.)

So, no problems here at Laserglow! Don't worry folks, we're just in a growth phase right now and it's taking a toll on our stock levels.

Are the prices on those potentially coming back down? I really, really want one, and I would like to be a repeat customer with you guys, but I just can't bring myself to pay $600 for a Rigel that can still be had for about $300 at other places. I'm brand loyal, but money talks. Is it worth it to wait for you guys? I really don't want to do business on high end lasers with anyone but you guys and Nova.

Hell, my "5mw" Aquarius has been getting into and staying into the 15mW region lately (with a conservative duty cycle and good batteries), which is why I haven't RMA'd it for occasional mode hopping yet. It's a good bit brighter than a greenie I have that averages 3mW, and has a dimly visible beam in a lit room.

You guys have impressed me, and I don't want to send my money elsewhere.

Please, convince me not to.